HOW TO: DIY rear calf closure clips, aka Bra Clips

ukswrath

So I am wondering how you put these on. Do you attach the clip and slide the shin on or attach after. If after, how do you hook it with ( my fat) calf in the way ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whichever way works for you.

So I am wondering how you put these on. Do you attach the clip and slide the shin on or attach after. If after, how do you hook it with ( my fat) calf in the way ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mathias nailed it. I've seen some thinner individuals hook them up before hand then slide their foot in and others like myself with beefy calves hook them up later. 

Whichever way works for you.

Ditto!

Very informative tutorial Tony! I don't know how to use a sewing machine so I forsee velcro in my future... lol

Thanks, different strokes for different folks

Very informative tutorial Tony! I don't know how to use a sewing machine so I forsee velcro in my future... lol

I hand stitched mine. Sure it's a bit of a PITA but you only have to do it 6 times, and then never again.

I hand stitched mine. Sure it's a bit of a PITA but you only have to do it 6 times, and then never again.

With these hooks in particular being their machine sewn I didn't have any issues. I've also made a few using traditional bra hooks and had to add stitch glue them after a couple came loose. My hand sewing skills suck. 

With these hooks in particular being their machine sewn I didn't have any issues. I've also made a few using traditional bra hooks and had to add stitch glue them after a couple came loose. My hand sewing skills suck. 

I just don't own a sewing machine. Simple as that. :P

• Like 1