My AP build

bearings

I did some test fitting in between trimming them off, I think they're fine for me with both removed. If I need a little more room, I can maybe do an inner strip to help support the gap. Here's a taped up test fitting of one side with both ridges removed and ends butted together:

15563009320_ca2ee1c334.jpg

Also, here's a picture of my Bass Amsterdam boots.. they still need some touching up (more white on the fabric, less white on the soles), but so far so good. Hopefully they hold up over time.

15119751734_5082d6563c.jpg

So after 24 hours I inspected my glued armor pieces... Mostly ok except that the heavier clamps on the forearm caused a bit of drifting. Good thing E6000 comes apart easily enough... 6 out of 8 cover strips were fine, that's a win right?

I have things cleaned up and ready to be re-glued tomorrow, when I'll have more clamps coming in from Amazon :)

I also had drifting problems, it's hard to put the clamps right when that happens.  I reclamped very slowly, while maintening the stripe with the other hand, and used magnets to help a bit.

I find that once you clamp a couple of strips of the non coloured painters tape stops the drift from occurring. Also known as masking tape, or you could use cella tape just no colour incase of glue and colour bleed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just run it across the cover strip and onto the two haves and it will hold the strip in place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice, I'll give that a shot. I was already using masking tape on top of the strip just to protect it from the magnets, so I'll do a little more to help the strip stay put.

Thanks for the advice, I'll give that a shot. I was already using masking tape on top of the strip just to protect it from the magnets, so I'll do a little more to help the strip stay put.

on forearms it's best to do one side at a time.

the tape suggestion is what I use, and I use white duck tape, novus polish takes off the glue nicely

Still cleaning up E6000 boogers and putting arms and biceps together, and now I have plenty of little clamps. The biceps should be all done after this round. Forearms need one more round for the other side. Taping the sides has helped, thanks for the tip Andrew and Vern!

15796308492_e859df1ed3.jpg

Question about the Thermal Detonator.. it's supposed to be 7.5" long, but my end caps barely fit over the ends of the pipe which makes mine a little more than 8". The pencil line in the photo is about where the cap comes to, should I trim the pipe some or just sand the ends of the pipe down to make the cap fit more tightly?

15611346447_b008933315.jpg

I filed down the pvc some on both sides to get the caps to fit better;  AP kit and I had the same problem.  Also took a few mm off of the overall length of the tube.  

I did the connection of the caps with elastic to allow me to store some things in the TD tube.  

• 4 weeks later...

Updates from after the Thanksgiving break:

Got my replacement mic tips from Keith, they're awesome:

16011037911_ffe5d8904d.jpg

Started on strapping, here's a quick test fit with the shoulder/bicep/arms just loosely hanging with some tape. My left side was adjusted a little better than my right.

15349160943_71455849bc.jpg

My wife is pretty patient and helpful, but I wanted to be able to test fit things more quickly without waiting for her.. so I had her wrap me in duct tape to make a mannequin instead :)

15825556078_4bcfbbdb9d.jpg

15390699804_8925804bf2.jpg

Which looks like this right now, I want to add in some more support structure. It stands on it's own without armor, but not with armor:

16012965085_721c4fd79b.jpg

16011011611_0089e97654.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Here's some more random progress photos.. waiting for E6000 to cure on my thighs and shins. Still haven't started on my belt or neck seal, which is going to be a limiting factor pretty soon.. so I guess I better go buy some fabric!

16177573572_492092e245.jpg

16178333485_7ebcd8a8ef.jpg

15990960908_f525e89ac1.jpg

15990912098_f8b10a6963.jpg

Edited by bearings