Boot approval question

How are they the wrong shape?

And I know that the stitching is wrong on the sides, but that stuff can actually all be removed with a stitch remover. There are a couple of seams near the front, but nothing on the actual front.

There's only one u-shaped elastic band, but another can be added pretty easily.

I don't know what you mean in reference to the shape, but the other issues can be fixed with minor modifications.

On 11/2/2014 at 11:53 AM, PGHtrooper21 said:

-----------

Ā 

Try these instead.

Ā 

Andy

these are the better ones

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

The sole is too thick and the toe is square not round like proper TK boots should be. You can't remove the front stitch because that is what is holding the front piece on to the second. The sides are not elastic but leather and that would cost you more to replace than just buying the proper boots to begin with.

Ā 

There are no shortcuts to doing it correctly the first time. If you are looking for cheap, you are more than likely to get cheap and have to replace it to be approved.

It puzzles me constantly, that people want to buy the cheapest possible boots. The reason for my puzzlement is threefold.

1. Cheap boots are very rarely screen accurate in any way shape or form.

2. Cheap boots will not last very long.

3. You walk endlessly when you troop. Take for instance the largest troop in Denmark ( possibly Northern Europe) the yearly Legoland Star Wars Days, we walk more than 10 km ( 7 miles) every day, I guaran- effing-tee that cheap bots will cause you major pain, even in my Loakes ( which are considered the most accurate next after the original ones, as well as super high quality hand crafted boots), I had pretty sore feet ( I am a soldier and therefore not unacustomed to marching).

Therefore, consider the boots to be an integralpart of the armour, which we want to be super duper accurate, and get the right ones the first time.

Ā 

You can see my thread for high quality screen accurate boots:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/24742-trooper-boots-a-list-of-suitable-candidates/

Edited by SorenM

I don't know about other people, but I'm looking for cheap boots because I'm a college student who makes minimum wage. I'd rather suffer from blisters for now and have the money to complete my armor than have incomplete armor and really excellent boots. Prior drop 150-200$ on boots without any problem, but I'm kind of at the point at which I need to take as many shortcuts and cheap options as possible.

I have no idea how you guys managed that. The TKboots site is selling them for 70$ a pair. Unless there's something that I'm missing, that seems like the only way to go.

What size are you Tomas? Edited by SorenM

I'm a 7.5 in US men's sizes. I guess that's a 40 in European sizes.

And with shipping and all that, TKboots come out to around 90$ where I live.

I got a pair of super accurate handcrafted ones, in a size that will fit you, they are a small size 41 1/2 european ( an insole may be required). If you are interested I can check the shipping cost to the States, and if that is within your price range I will donate them to you. They are painted white and really realky look the part... Interested?

If you're willing to part with them for around that much, that's about the best deal I think I've heard. That 90$ price was with shipping and all that though, so depending on how much you're looking for I might still go with those. I'll PM you in a little while so we can talk it over.

I will donate the boots,

I just need to find out shipping costs to the States...I do not have the faintest about how much that is, but I doubt it will as much.

Hey again.

I can send the boots and an approvable undersuit, the price is around 70 dollars for the shipping, the boot and undersuit I will donate... :-)

Edited by SorenM