Fogging lenses

Tolo

Hello Troops, 

I'm sure that I'm starting the 2018350th thread on this, but, what are some of you doing to prevent fogging. Let me explain my situation. I went trick or treating with some friends and their kids. Dressed inside, got outside at 5C (40-42F), my lenses fogged up so fast that I was not able to see for the 1/2 hour that I walked with them. Even my my fans on and new batteries installed. 

So have some of you used products like Liquid Spit or something like that?

Thank you, 

Eric

I came across a thread from my Garrison's forum that also suggests toothpaste. I have used the shaving cream method on my snorkeling mask while diving and it works so I would assume it would also work for this situation. Doesn't hurt to try and a heck of a lot cheaper then and anti-fog product. I have not used the toothpaste method but the contributor did say he used it for both diving and on TK lens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Dougal

I have also heard about the shaving cream trick working. I have a 12v blower fan that hits directly in the center of my lenses, and a 12v cpu cooling fan pointing upward from the inside of my vocoder for circulation. Have had no issues with fogging just yet

I have also heard about the shaving cream trick working. I have a 12v blower fan that hits directly in the center of my lenses, and a 12v cpu cooling fan pointing upward from the inside of my vocoder for circulation. Have had no issues with fogging just yet

When I'm inside, I have no issues at all with my fans. But, the hot/cold factor was the problem. Plus it was humid last night.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Had the same drama with the humidity and fogging even with two fans running.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Google: cat crap

Best defog ever.

-Eric

Thanks, will check it out.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

I'm glad someone brought up this subject, as I was curious about the same thing. Cheap shaving cream, huh? How long do you leave it on the lens and how much do you apply? Do you just leave it until it dissolves on its own, after application wipe away right away?

On 11/3/2014 at 4:52 AM, Dougal said:

Wax on, wax off.

-------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Sick and tired of these Fogging Lenses!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cat.

Crap.

-Eric

Be careful with toothpaste!  Many have grit in it that will scratch plastics.

I used to have a bar of Everclear that I got at Oshkosh years ago.  It worked great on mirrors and dive masks. But I can't find it on the internet

Typically toothpaste is used on scuba masks to clean the glass (glass!) of the coating it has from the factory when you first buy the mask. It is abrasive like automotive rubbing compound but non toxic.

-Eric

• 1 year later...

I played paintball for years and everyone's lenses fogged up but my friend and I. Get a small pump spray bottle like a 3 or 5 Oz. Mix of water and dish soap. I squirt on each lense and wipe away. No more fog.