"Did you make that?"

LaserBrain99

How do you deal with this question?

I mean, the short answer is "Yes"

However, some people get the impression that I made molds and vacuum formed each of the pieces. Or maybe 3D printed them or something like that.  

I guess one way would be to stay in character, and tell them it was issued by the quartermaster when you enlisted.  That might work for strangers you meet, but not for friends, neighbors, co-workers, etc. 

most of my co-workers have seen me fiddling around with my bucket. And Ive done most of the trimming here at work( guess its good to be the boss) so they know I didnt make it per say. Some of my smart a$$ friends on facebook however like to twist things and say " he didnt make that" I tell them, or try to that its like a model or any hobby, or a blank pallet to start with, you create what you want with it. Each helmet, armor, detail is different and thats what makes this fun. 

I usually try to stay in character when trooping no matter what. Alot of times when I tell people my armor was issued to me when I enlisted they roll their eyes like it's so irritating. I don't see why people feel the need to ruin the magic for others. I get all kindof questions and stupid comments though such as : "I know that's a costume." "I know that gun is fake." "I know there's a real person in there." All of this I can deal with as it is often teenage kids making these comments. What I can't deal with is parents letting kids stick their toy lightsabers up inside of my helmet to "kill me" or teenagers hitting me in the back of the head and laughing about my "plastic suit."

99% of the time trooping is great but there will always be folks who just want to watch the world burn.

Edited by TK5492

I just tell ppl I made it, and its legit.. "you just can't buy this in the store"

When it comes to the blaster, ppl ask if its real. I just nod my head and keep troopin.

Then there's the dam kids that do like to run around u, touch u any chance they get and just annoy the F out of you.

Most of the 501st events are for kids, so I know most of you can feel the pain.