Best Gloves? Leather?

I'm looking to changing the current gloves that came with my set (black rubber gloves with elastic velcro for handplates). What is the best choice out there that everyone prefers? I heard some good things about leather gloves, can anyone point me to some good leather gloves with preferably velcro pads already stitched into them?

I've checked these out on Ebay so far, any opinions on them?

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Google nomex flight gloves. For about $30 a pair is the price range that will fit your hand the best(cheaper ones tend to fit funny).

I bought some cheap gorilla grip gloves from harbor freight for $2.99 for now, and i also have some rubber gloves i got at walmart for $5. If you do go with rubber, make sure you use a liner under them as well.

I will be upgrading to nomex when finances allow it though.

Those you posted links to IMHO are waay to high and look off.

Well the original Screen used ones were the chemical gloves and is it ez to glue the latex handplates to them..

$5. at most home improvement stores

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 1

If your using plastic handplates, i just glued elastic to fit around my palm and my wrist, then just slip them over whatever glove im wearing.

I have those grease monkey gloves, and for $5 they work good. I have to pick up another pair of then cause i ripped part of the cuffs.

For ultimate in long troop comfort, gluing the rubber handplates to Nomex gloves cannot be beat. The best part is the fingers are conductive, so Stormtrooper Selfies can be made...

I wear a Medium. $15 shipped from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Northstar-Tactical-Flight-Gloves-Medium/dp/B004J95Z7Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1414872240&sr=8-1&keywords=northstar+tactical+nomex+gloves

Edited by bzb

• 3 months later...

Hello troopers, i just bought theses NEW Pair Mens Black Flight Gloves Nomex Mil-Spec Fire Resistant Aviator Pilots

On eBay for $9.99 free ship, i dont know how to put link or pic on here but they look great, check them out, mayb they will work for u guys.

eBay item # 351308891947 check it out

Edited by TK1024

• 1 month later...

My questions is what glue do you use for LATEX hand guards on Nomex?

Does CA not leak through?

If you use velcro, how do you attach it to the Nomex? Industrial strength alone doesn't seem to work for me.

Thanks!

Stitch the Velcro to the gloves, at least that's what I did, and used industrial adhesive backed on the hand plates. I am however using the ABS plates with the Nomex gloves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Personally I think it just sounds like a bad idea to bother with latex plates on nomex gloves. Either use plastic plates or get rubber gloves with liners for your latex plates.

Rubber chemical gloves are best and accurate. If you worry about sweating get those cricket/inner gloves.

In the states I am having trouble finding rubber gloves that are size SMALL.

I have small hands and all I can find are the large and XL's. It's cumbersome at best. The flight gloves fit very well but I see your points.

• 1 month later...

I've seen several threads dealing with gloves.  There are so many options out there and I know already that SO MANY gloves can "pass", and I see many MANY people saying what kind of gloves they have and use.  Anyone want to go into DETAIL about WHY they use the glove they use.  

It would be GREAT if a WHOLE LOTTA people chimed in, however, it would be awesome if you have tried a different type of glove before so you can say that you have something to compare it with.

As it is now I've been going through the "test fitting" of my TK armor and I have notice that sweat IS a FACTOR.  I live in San Antonio Texas so the weather is mostly gonna be HOT.  I did the test fitting IN MY HOUSE with the AC on, and when I removed it I notice the moisture on the inside of my shin and thigh armor and of course on the gloves I was using.  -----------

( Grease Monkey  Model # 23404  Internet # 202188319  Store SKU # 566173 , I added the other info in here JUST IN CASE the link gets bad so others could find them)

I HAVE read the CRl where it states :

" Black in color, made of either rubber, nomex, leather, or leather-like material, with no visible straps or logos/designs. The fingers are enclosed, non-textured "  

I am not sure but wanted to BE SURE when I ask if I'm understanding this correctly.   Is it that the FINGERS are non-textured, or the whole glove.   If it's the WHOLE glove, INCLUDING the fingers then I'm gonna have to keep looking.

Thank You for any input...

Dan

- EDIT -

I was curious as if not the above, how about these, but they too have the same textured fingers ?  Would both be OK for BASIC approval ?

------------

( Grease Monkey  Model # 25053-030  Internet # 202709681  Store SKU # 648673 )

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I like having 2 pair.  I use nomex gloves for regular trooping but break out Karin's gorgeous rubber/latex hand guard ones for close in, high profile events.