Helmet Padding from Ebay?

I'm thinking of ordering some of this padding for my bucket to add some more comfort to it plus for aesthetic reasons for how a real trooper's helmet would look inside. I was thinking of getting some of these paddings offered on Ebay as a quick fix instead of going through the trouble of painting the inside of my helmet black,etc.

Has anyone ever purchased one of these before? How are they? Would you recommend them? Would they fit a AP/GF bucket well?

------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Try looking for Baseball helmet padding.  I got lucky and got it off of my daughters that only used it for a very short amount of time.

if you are going to look online, be carefull because some just offer the thin padding not the half thick and half thin.

I could have sworn I also seen somewhere in either the "For Sale or Trade" or the  "On-going sales" that were offering.

I must be lucky cause my bucket virtually touches my neck seal at the front.

I have simply used a few pieces of dark grey foam in appropriate places, my 8 year old says she can't see up inside the helmet .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On a side note, you don't want to overcrowd the inside of your bucket either, in the warmer months you want some form of air circulation or it's going to get real stuffy, real fast even with fans.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Look for tactical helmet foam on amazon. Or, as mentioned previously, baseball helmet foam. I bought a set of kids helmet foam that worked pretty well but I think I'd prefer the adult size next time.

-Eric

Because I don't want to have to go through the trouble of painting inside the helmet black.

Why would you paint the inside black with the star foam? Original helmets are not painted black inside.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Why would you paint the inside black with the star foam? Original helmets are not painted black inside.

thanks TOLO you beat me! LOL

On 10/31/2014 at 4:39 AM, Tolo said:

lol... who said anything about using the star foam?

I was talking about painting inside the helmet black as many troopers do as you can see

----------

Point is, I don't want to go through the trouble of painting it black inside and would rather get this helmet padding to cover the white inside the helmet for both comfort and aesthetic reasons. Now your solution is to just scratch that and throw in star foam inside the white inner helmet. Cool, that solves for the comfort but not aesthetics as the inside is still white.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I was wondering what kind of helmet liner to use as well. Currently I'm using a hard hat liner I purchased from Trooperbay. Instead of hot gluing the helmet tabs to the inside dome, I'm using small pieces of industrial strength velcro. I would love to have that helmet liner in the first picture with the same black paint (which color is that, flat black? ). Any suggestions where that liner can be found?

I just purchased the standard padding from fenixprops. It's okay if you're just looking for something for aesthetics and to dampen sound for if you have a comm system (reduce feedback and prevent others from hearing your voice through the helmet). It provides some top padding but not much throughout the rest of the helmet. I ended up going the painting route plus some army issue padding because I wanted a tighter fit and didn't want to glue the padding to the helmet, though that would probably have been much easier in hindsight. If you want it, I'll sell it for $15 shipped (I think I paid $40 after shipping). Otherwise I might just use it in my other bucket.

black Rubatex insulation we use on cold pipes and what not. I have a ton of it if anyone needs it. Hot glue it, you can actually buil dit up and wedge your head in the bucket nicely with it.---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed