DarthDadio's AM 2.0 ANH Stunt (EIB)

DarthDadio

Shoulder bridge is an easy fix, just shorten the straps. If you feel they sit too far back leaving a large gap at the front between the chest plate, just reposition the strap a little more forward on the bridge elastic.

It is coming along nicely, good work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice.  I went ahead and reworked the bridge and shoulder straps.  I'll see how the changes work tomorrow after the E6000 sets on the bridge elastic.

At this point there's very little to do.

- Trim the wings on the chest plate

- Finish sewing the belt (just needs velcro - trip to the store)

- Attach ammo belt to cloth belt

- Attach drop boxes

- Attach holster to belt

- Attach belt to ab plate

- Attach ammo belt to thigh

This will all have to wait until tomorrow after work.

Edited by DarthDadio

I ended up buying dickies suspenders from walmart, they were $8 and just hook right onto my thigh garter. I won't have a "field test" until next weekend, but i am sure they will do the job.

I would have just made some, but for $8 they should work just fine.

Thanks Andrew, I bought some suspenders yesterday but I haven't tried them yet.  If they work well enough I might work on encorporating something with strapping material like I have seen in other threads.

Shopped around yesterday for a storage/travel container for my armor.  Wife says I need to have it picked up before tomorrow so she can start cleaning for company this week.  So far I haven't found anything large enough with wheels and doesn't cost a fortune.  Any suggestions?  Also, do you also pack your helmet in the container with the rest of your armor?  Inquiring minds want to know.

Edited by DarthDadio

Yup! Having a container with pad lock spots is a must.

Another tip, get a combination lock. That way you dont have to find a spot to hide your keys etc

I also picked up the Husky Mobile job box. It should keep everything in there nicely including my bucket and has a lock and spots for pad locks if needed. 

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-37-in-Mobile-Job-Box-209261/203668066

Just got back from Home Depot and this is the box I wanted.  It was locked and noone could find the key.  The cashier was really nice and told me I could get the Stanley box (http://www.homedepot.com/p/Stanley-37-in-Mobile-Job-Box-037025H/202300294) for the same price and then she knocked a couple of extra bucks off on top of that.  I like the part where I can padlock it.  Now I need to figure out how to pad the armor in storage so it's not scratched up in transport.

• Like 2

Day 28: Trimmed the wings on the chest, attached the battery pack to the right thigh, prepared the drop boxes, trimmed the ammo boxes for the belt, and Amy finished making my cloth belt. Bought a storage container and cleaned up the living room.  All I have to complete is putting the belt together and attaching it to the torso.  Looking forward to finishing tomorrow.

YVDskJp.png?1

• Like 1

If I didn't have to be at work I know what I would be doing right now.....it's going to be a long day having to wait.  I am just as excited as I was anticipating getting my big brown box four weeks ago.

Day 29: It's finished....all the cutting, drilling, sanding, riveting, strapping, cursing, worrying, cursing, gluing and clamping.  Tonight I assembled the belt and attached it to the ab plate.  It took a lot more work than I expected to get everything placed but it takes time to do things right.  Tomorrow I'll clean up all of the pencil marks, stray glue, and scratches.  Then it will be time to wear the complete set for the first time.

eB8lqHl.png?1

36f2RiZ.png?1

C5klAxB.png?1

Day 30: Cleaned my armor to get rid of excess glue and sticky tape residue.  Got my first full test fit tonight and it was great.  I still need to make some adjustments before I submit my applications.  This would include:

• Replace elastic straps between chest and ab plate.  They keep creaping apart on me.  (See picture)
  • Add elastic to hold shins down
  • Trim the return edge on the butt and kidney to help them sit better and to keep from getting poked by return edge corners.

Other than that I think I am good.  What do you all think?

i2Zrxce.png?1

My daughter got to inspect my armor a bit closer....

Sh0D1z6.png?1

Edited by DarthDadio

Hey James,

Regarding the chest and ab connections, try adding a longer white elastic for the shoulder straps  to bring down the chest plate a little more.  That may be the solution to your chest ab elastic always popping out.

• Like 1

What Rick says ^^. It's hard to see from those couple of photos how high up the chest is against your neck, but as we can't see it here, it suggests there is probably room to lower it.

No problem for basic approval, but if you plan for EIB/Centurion, you'll need to have a look at those side seams. Get the tops lining up a bit flusher.

Looking good!

Thanks for the advice.  I will have to give that a shot.  I should have room.

Day 31:  Trimmed to the return edge on the top and bottom of the kidney, and the top of the butt.  Helps the fit.  Had to replace the straps on the torso held on the split rivets.  One of the straps had already pulled loose.

Here is a full set of pictures.  Please let me know what I should adjust.  I will take my application photos tomorrow.  Sorry for the shadows.

VsUc9cf.png?2

GPuMTIC.png?1

HBkDubn.png?1

rpxDa2R.png?1

Submitted my application and I waiting for approval.  Tinkering with my armor to improve fit and movement.  My 10 year old son has turned into my mini-handler.  He helps me get dressed and undressed.  Making sure everything is tucked and in its proper position.  Here are the pictures I used:

syjN0ZV.jpg

KicKIrx.jpg

KOYtEbG.jpg

0FxVe2n.jpg

MWEuko7.jpg

wHJcPmn.jpg

Edited by DarthDadio
  • Like 1

Congratulations James! Your armor looks fantastic, you really did a great job trimming it to fit nicely. The photos look really cool too, wish I had taken nicer photos for my application.

Happy trooping!

• Like 1