There are many AM 2.0 builds, but this one is mine...

I occasionally wind up donating a tiny little bit of blood while putting on my forearms.  I always put my gloves on after my forearms.  The gloves are the last part(s) to go on before my helmet, actually.

As for the shins, Velcro is an option but you can always use the original hook method, too.

Edited by Dark CMF
  • Like 2

Made some progress this weekend but have run into some hurdles... The canvas belt I ordered is 2 inches too short (unless my ab/kidney plates aren't trimmed correctly). So, I've ordered a replacement. Also not happy w the rear seam placement on the backs of my shins. Unfortunately, other than getting new shin parts, there's not much I can do about it. They looked centered when I marked the cuts. Not really sure why it's off center.

My canvas belt is actually just a hair too big. Probably because i trimmed the return edges and shortened both the kidney and butt plate to fit me better. Will be either putting new return edges on the armor, or just sewing or gluing more velcro on my belt.

Does your canvas belt not go around the whole armor, or is there just some unwanted velcro shown?

I wouldn't worry too much about the seam behind your shins. If you can, move the cover strip to make it look more centered. Doesn't have to be perfect. But before doing anything, lets see a pic of your shins first

I see a light at the end of the tunnel...

• fix snaps to ab for belt
  • rivet holster to belt
  • trim thigh backs to fit
  • possibly trim thigh tops
  • inner/outer cover strips for thigh back
  • make a thigh garter
  • add the thigh ammo pack
Edited by cm325i

Well, my OCD got the best of me and I completely disassembled the belt on my lunch break. I will rebuild it better, faster, stronger!!!

Sent from my ComLink

This is from my first full suit test fit today. It's the only one I want to post. The thighs are way too big and the rest look goofy. I'll size them down and try again for another set of images.

1479450_10204712604886827_27939151872246

The bottoms of the thighs around the knees weren't too bad, but the tops were huge. I cut open the backs and trimmed/re glued. Then cut down the height and tried to work in some of that "screen accurate shape." Headed out to find a heat seal iron today for return edges and suit up again for more pics.

Sent from my ComLink

I wouldn't worry too much about return edges on the thigh tops. I left mine without returns, but it is a personal choice. Most people won't pay too much attention to the tops of your thighs as they are in more of a "private" area if ya catch my drift.

And if they do, make sure you tell them the show ain't free! Lol

I wouldn't worry too much about return edges on the thigh tops. I left mine without returns, but it is a personal choice. Most people won't pay too much attention to the tops of your thighs as they are in more of a "private" area if ya catch my drift.

And if they do, make sure you tell them the show ain't free!

Ha! Not having the return there will bug me. I also need to add one to my back piece.

Sent from my ComLink

sooo... how important are return edges on thigh tops? I made them with w regular household iron last night. While I'm sure most people won't even notice or make reference to the screen used armor not being perfect, they look awful to me. But that's just comparing to the perfect straight/smooth return edges from the original part before I cut it up. Also the white paint on my 6 side rivets rubbed right off. do I need to prep them with something prior to applying the Testors paint?

U go through and sand with various grades of sandpaper, and novus polish?

For the rivets, i just use white out. Its less of a pain to worry about, and i always carry a tub in my armor bin to troops. Just make sure u get the one with the cap/brush

I did sand it down well and polish. Last night I sanded again and polished. It looks a little better. Most people won't notice. I also reglued on the outer thigh cover strips. Hopefully I can try for a new set of 501st submission photos after work today.

Sent from my ComLink

took a few pics last night and sent in to my GML. Also filled out the online app. Last night was the longest I've worn everything together and there will need to be some minor fixes for comfort and mobility. Otherwise, I'm happy with the end result.

• 3 weeks later...

It's official! I received notification early this morning that I have been accepted into the 501st Legion! I'm so excited and nervous about my first outing. TK 16311 reporting for duty!!!

Here are a few new images taken today. Thank you FISD for all your guidance and support.

10704051_10204862583196191_3622453611477

10848013_10204862582956185_6273679483231

10410586_10204862582476173_9146061347282

10789_10204862582996186_4057989202600488