Cleaning Armour suggestions please

Petros

Just beat me to it. Wot he said ^^

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/19398-howto-use-novus-plastic-polish-12-and-3-ah-ah-ah-i-love-counting/

I only had Number 2 and it worked real good, but Number 1 would be fine for general grubiness.

I cant remember the names, but any quik detail car wax spray should woro as well. Lets wait for someone else to chime in on that as well. Novus does work great, but if its not locally available I would search for another product.

I use Nevr Dull for mine. It is none abrasive and really does a great job. You find it at automotive stores. It cleans everything from scuffs to sharpie accidents.

It will not remove scratches but will remove any grim from said scratch.

I use Novus 3, then 2, then 1 when it gets really grimy (heavy scratches, paint from someone else, grubbiness from kids).

Normally, I just use Plexus, which I used on my Ducati fairings. Works a charm.

Maguires also make a plastic polish, Plast X, could be cheaper than Novus, also good on uv yellowing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I use the the headlight restoration kit from 3M 39008. It polishes deep scratches or light. Brings my ATA armor to its original shine. Just hook it to a electrical or portable drill and within minutes problems solved without much effort. You can pick it up on Amazon under $14. One kit lasts quite a long time. So far I've buffed out 2 heavy scratched armor sets however, you will run out of the supplied 3M polish before exhausting any other items. In this case I use Novus 2 polish in replace of the 3M polish (basically the same stuff).

I used to restore headlights professionally a couple years ago. I figured it worked on polyurethane headlights it should work on ABS or similar plastics and I was correct. I highly recommend it. 

Edited by ukswrath
  • Like 1

Thanks everyone on the feedback, it seems Novus is used by quite a lot of people and there are indeed many choices.

Novus office it turns out I have passed everyday on the way to work, couldn't miss it… apparently

So went with this option as they are close and no postage.

thanks everyone

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working