Lifesize Star Wars Rebels Stormtrooper

I can't see the need or the desire to troop in TK armor that looks like this. I'm fine with the design for the cartoon, but that's not the point. We already know what TK armor looks like. We've known since 1977 and we've been sticklers for trying to perfect that look here. The TK from Rebels is nothing more than an artist's interpretation of what we already have. Why muddy the waters or create a CRL for an artist's vision of what we already know and love. Just doesn't make sense to me. The idea should be that the image of a TK from Rebels is what we already are, reduced to cartoon form. IMHO

On a separate note, I walked around on Halloween with my TK kit on, and was flagged down by a dad that was strolling his daughter through the neighborhood. The little girl was about 3 years old, give or take a few months. He told me that his daughter spotted me, and begged him to come take a picture of the guy from Rebels! There's a whole new generation of fans on the way. And even a 3 year old knew that I was the embodiment of that cartoon trooper. :smiley-sw013:

• Like 2

I can't see the need or the desire to troop in TK armor that looks like this. I'm fine with the design for the cartoon, but that's not the point. We already know what TK armor looks like. We've known since 1977 and we've been sticklers for trying to perfect that look here. The TK from Rebels is nothing more than an artist's interpretation of what we already have. Why muddy the waters or create a CRL for an artist's vision of what we already know and love. Just doesn't make sense to me. The idea should be that the image of a TK from Rebels is what we already are, reduced to cartoon form. IMHO

On a separate note, I walked around on Halloween with my TK kit on, and was flagged down by a dad that was strolling his daughter through the neighborhood. The little girl was about 3 years old, give or take a few months. He told me that his daughter spotted me, and begged him to come take a picture of the guy from Rebels! There's a whole new generation of fans on the way. And even a 3 year old knew that I was the embodiment of that cartoon trooper. :smiley-sw013:

Too cute. I agree too that we're barely getting the real accurate molds/casts down and should let the fans of Rebels make their own darned club lol. Not to mention it looks like a mix of Rubies and FX buckets... Shudder. Even my 6" Black Series TK looks more accurate (my 6" TD is great tho, so might just be an unlucky fluke). I saw my first episode of the show and 6 TKs didn't shoot once as the protags easily beat them up with punches/kicks/throws. Boo. Watch the intro to Force Commander and you'll see TKs blast the crap out of a guy. Just sayin.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still new to the trooping universe, but I have followed everything Star Wars since it came out in the late 70's.

I personally enjoy the clone wars series and rebels too! I think it fits in with the target market of today. If Star Wars came out first as a cartoon like this, I would still love it just the same I reckon.

I gather that we are talking about the life sized figure? Like the rest I wouldn't like to see people trooping I'm that armor, coz it does look too cute and whatever. But as something to have in my living room on display with the stand and plaque - HELL YEAH I WANT ONE!