Lifesize Star Wars Rebels Stormtrooper

As seen in a Toys R Us in Denmark....... Wondering if that armour will be built and subsequently OK'd by the 501st. ( as I remmember Locitus dreaded when we first saw the concept of those new Stormtroopers)..post-19106-0-77047400-1414340208_thumb.jpg

Edited by SorenM

Oh I know I don't. I could deal with the clone wars series because they didn't mess with TKs. But I can't see having to troop with TKs in this armor. It's not evolved it's devolved. Thanks Disney...

• Like 1

I agree trooping with TKs like this, or even seeing someone doing it does not seem good.... But no need "thanking" Disney, it was made by a lot of the same blokes that brought us The Clone Wars.... Amongst others Mr. Filoni :-)

I agree trooping with TKs like this, or even seeing someone doing it does not seem good.... But no need "thanking" Disney, it was made by a lot of the same blokes that brought us The Clone Wars.... Amongst others Mr. Filoni :-)

Interesting. Well whoever is responsible for this I'm not overly pleased. Call me a downer I guess but I like to think of myself as a traditionalist. Just hate to see the originals being messed with.

• Like 1

Looks similar to the new rubies one they just came out with. Also noted there's no trigger guard. Probably the lesser of the evils with this TK though.

Oh I know I don't. I could deal with the clone wars series because they didn't mess with TKs. But I can't see having to troop with TKs in this armor. It's not evolved it's devolved. Thanks Disney...

Ā 

It's not Disney's fault. The blame for this ugly atrocity rests squarely on the shoulders of Dave Filoni.

Ā 

Having said that, I could almost be okay with the armor, as a different version of our TK. It looks a bit more streamlined and possibly a bit more comfortable with more mobility. But not that helmet. It's as ugly as Filoni's hat.

Edited by Smiling Fox

Well it certainly looks...interesting. I think it looks okay on its own and I don't think the general public would think that it's a TK from the original trilogy based on how cartoony it looks. But I do think it'd look a bit odd standing next to other TKs in a troop so I'm really unsure about it myself.Ā 

personally I don't like the 'comic book' style of storytelling in rebels.Ā  making TK's look as dumb as gamorians just does not fit well

with the concepts raised in the original trilogy.

Ā 

dave filoni would have done better with scooby do than with star wars.

Ā 

its like all the designers in the animation dept are stoned and eating dog treats.

• Like 2

personally I don't like the 'comic book' style of storytelling in rebels.Ā  making TK's look as dumb as gamorians just does not fit well

with the concepts raised in the original trilogy.

Ā 

dave filoni would have done better with scooby do than with star wars.

Ā 

its like all the designers in the animation dept are stoned and eating dog treats.

Couldn't agree more. Rebel troops were supposed to cower in fear in the face of stormtroopers. They're not battle droids...

• Like 1

the whole battle droids comparison fits well! nice job!

Ā 

this type of storytelling does not do the series justice

dumbing down the storytelling to an 80's style children's style cartoon

Ā 

takes away all the powerful drama of the evil nature of the darth's and to damage the storytelling to

the point where I feel like I'm watching a story written directly at children from many decade's ago,

Ā 

the attempt to add humor, by making stormtroopers dumb does a lot of damage for any kid

to take them seriously as someone to fear.

Ā 

it is not star wars

Ā 

it is nickleodian

Ā 

if episode 7 takes this route in storytelling I"m going back to star trek

or over to the rebel legion

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

So if Rebels happens a short tme after Clone Wars, and the Stormtropers are supposed to be those perfect clones, why are they depicted as stupid in Rebels? Aren't they the same clones that fought all over the galaxy with so much success?

So if Rebels happens a short tme after Clone Wars, and the Stormtropers are supposed to be those perfect clones, why are they depicted as stupid in Rebels? Aren't they the same clones that fought all over the galaxy with so much success?

Ā 

Because now they are bad guys and Disney bad guys are always bumbling idiots. We wouldn't want to change a winning formula, that would just ruin it for all the 6 year old kids watching. Real Star Wars fans are not their concern any more.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars: Rebels are cartoons. Ā Yes, they're set in the Star Wars universe, and they are considered canon for the history, but they are kid's cartoons. Ā Ā I have been enjoying them with my children. Ā They like them, and I like getting back story. Ā They're not going to have drama and over-bearing evil on the Empire side mixed in with desperation and hopelessness on the Rebel side in these kid shows.

Ā 

That's what Episode VII is for. Ā I can almost guarantee it. Ā That's where they'll have all the seriousness and drama.

Stormtroopers in Rebels are not clones but enlisted men. This is now cannon and confirmed by the creators of the show. There is a reason why you hear Stormtroopers always in different voices, unlike the clones who all sounded like Jango Fett.

Stormtroopers in Rebels are not clones but enlisted men. This is now cannon and confirmed by the creators of the show. There is a reason why you hear Stormtroopers always in different voices, unlike the clones who all sounded like Jango Fett.

Ā 

From my point of view they were never the clones we see in PT. But the canon in SW changes so much you never know what is going on. But I'm also curious what hapened to the clones then, since there should be some kind of continuity between PT, CW & OTĀ  - though in the end I'm an OT guy, so don't care about PT and CW too much.

From my point of view they were never the clones we see in PT. But the canon in SW changes so much you never know what is going on. But I'm also curious what hapened to the clones then, since there should be some kind of continuity between PT, CW & OT - though in the end I'm an OT guy, so don't care about PT and CW too much.

There are still some Jango Fett clones around here and there from what I understand. There are just not many of them and they make the minority within the corps. They are only part of Vaders 501st I believe.

The helmet looks wrong, but I think the wholeĀ suit looks out of proportion. The helmet should not be the same width as the waist.Ā 

Ā 

Give that boy something to eat and maybe he'll fill out...

First thing I noticed when I saw one of these "statues" in the office (we have two), the blaster is huge... I'll try to bring my ESB E-11 in for comparison.

Ā 

If anyone is interested, I can take a whole lot of photos for reference... Just PM me.

• Like 1