TK armor (FB)

I went to my first troop yesterday and had a blast, I had a question though. I was told about TK Armor on Facebook and the kit looks well made but I was wondering if anyone has first hand experience with it. I am trying to keep my armor options open and I'm leaning towards RT-Mod right now. Although this all can change.

Let us in on your body type so we can better help you. RT is geared towards larger troopers. Might be too big if you are smaller frame. Do you have a budget? That has a lot to do with it, too.

I think at 6'3" 215 slender, you'll fit into any TK armor pretty much. If you've already budgeted about $900 for the armor, then you're set for most sets of armor as well.

Your options are pretty open at this point.

At that height. Your best bet are either AM or RT Mod. Both are great kits, ones built more for trooping than screen accuracy, but it comes down to a personal choice at that point. Can't go wrong with either kit.

The other armors will require some mods to properly fit your height and weight, as they are really aimed at people that are 5'10 and around 160 lbs. it can be done though!

Thanks guys, that was the info I was looking for. Now I know what I am looking at. I have not heard about NE buckets I have a larger melon and the larger RT-mod helmet was a positive. How big is a NE Bucket?

A bit late to the party, but I'm 6'2" ish and 205lbs with a slender build and just finished with a t/mc kit which is screen derived. I'm definitely pushing the boundary of screen used armor as far as height goes and had to add 2" side shims on both sides to get closure. There's also a large gap between the upper chest and shoulders to deal with as well. If I did it again I would have gone for one of the larger kits suggested above. Both the ATA and T/MC helmets fit fine though and don't look out of proportion.

Edited by 87ninefiveone

the NE is bigger than the standard ATA/AP/MTK etc. Dont know how it compares to RTMod, but i think Locitus is correct in saying they are about the same size.

Id recommend RTmod armor for tall folks 6'2" or taller.  AM/NE is made more for thicker folks, not really taller.

Edited by Darth Voorhees
  • Like 1

Thanks guys. I'm not going to rush into a set of armor and then wish I should of got a different maker. I'm going to enjoy the journey.

The journey is what makes this fun! Good luck with your choice.

• 2 weeks later...