one mean uncle

kiyotei

I can't decide if I'm ruining my 8 yo nephew or not. First I showed him my AP armor, blew his mind. Then I built him his own armor out of foamie foam. He loves it. He was a bit surprised that JoAnn Fabrics sells blaster proof material but I told him its a secret outlet for the empire. He also thinks I spend the weekends on the Death Star. So now to make things worse I sent him a letter from Darth Vader. I created letter head using the red circular logo for the 501st on the top left and on the bottom center I posted the Garrision Titan logo which shows up below any of my posts. I then typed in text welcoming him to the legion as a JUNIOR Stormtrooper. I even assigned him a TK number and signed it lord Vader. I used the same formatting that Daetrin uses on our garrison site to welcome new members to the garrison. I wanted to post the letter on here cause it looks so real but I can't figure out how to link to a word doc. Anyhow, he took the letter to school to show his teacher and his friends. He was so excited. He really thinks Vader sent him a letter. I knda mentioned to him the last time I visited that during the night Darth Vader blew up the moon while everyone was sleeping and parked the Death Star in its place, LOL. I am really terrible :P

LOLL!!!!!

Oh man .. I wish I had such an uncle when I was younger! Jim, you're awesome!!! I have 2 nieces (9 & 6) and my only nephew is almost 3 now .. I can't wait for him to grow old!!!

My nieces have a blast coming at my place and looking at all my SW crap lying around :)

Very good job on the letter and all .. you're truly a terrific guy!!!

It's clear that you are corrupting the child beyond repair.

No, seriously... it's brilliant and I think that as your nephew grows up he will always cherish what a good uncle you are.

The armour and the letter from Darth Vader will become part of your family's folklore and they will be telling and retelling it at your wake.

However, I think the Death Star in lieu of moon story was the best. Very clever....

I think that's very cool! Kids need to have their imaginations sparked. My son can't wait for us to get started on his Jawa costume.

Here it is:

ic.gif

Of course, I'd recommend using your TK number - I'm sure you don't want to use one that might be taken.

Yes he knows the movies really well. That's a bit of a problem because I've had to weave a very tangled web of lies, he asks way too many questions. He wanted to know how Vader is still alive if he died in the movies. Together we concluded that Vader tricked Luke by using a robot that looked like Vader. Luke watched a robot die while the real Vader escaped. I later thought that perhaps I should have gone with Vader had himself cloned. I also explained to him that the rebels made the movies so the stories are of course slanted to make them look like the good guys. I had to also explain to him we troopers are not allowed to travel with real thermo detonators and blasters for security reasons. We only carry the real stuff when we are on active duty in space or on our secret bases here on earth. Its really hard to keep up with all my lies, LOL.

:sith: You should make a trooper's manual, a copy of regulations, trooping orders or something like that.

Just let it "fall" out of your backpack or something.

B) James Bond has nothing compared to you! B)

I work in a copy center and the guys I work with LOVE to do stuff like this!

Keep a record of all of this and when your nephew has kids you will have the BEST baby gift ever!

Congrats on creating a wonderful family legacy.