Why do you still have an FX helmet?

Why do you still have an FX helmet?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Why do you still have an FX helmet?

• Size - other makes are too small for me or i need the extra room for glasses
    • Money - temporarily lack funds to get an accurate make but will upgrade someday
    • I just dont care - i just dont feel the need for a more accurate helmet
    • I just like the FX look - because Star Wars Rebels!
    • Other - ?

Since the Legion has passed that no new members may be approved with an FX bucket, i felt a poll as to why grandfathered troopers with them was appropriate. Do you have plans to upgrade in the future, or are you old school and "if it came with the kit, it stays with the kit"? your vote is anonymous.

• Like 1

Love this poll. It's surprising the amount of members still sporting them with the availabilty for more accurate options. Very interested to see the result! :)

• Like 1

Not endorsing the FX buckets by any means, but perhaps with the Star Wars Rebels out in full force, maybe we could create a Rebels TK where FX buckets could be approved for. I mean the Clones get to have animated versions, why not TKs?

• Like 1

There are already folks making the Rebels TK helmets and working on armor. One of which i saw here somewhere. Though the FX is closer to the Rebels TKs, its still not "right".

Ā 

I am interested to see some of the replies on this topic though. :)

• Like 1

Was just merely a suggestion to keep everyone happy, thats all. I personally have no intentions in getting a FX helmet, but others with money constraints may see some benefit to this. Still wondering why disney decided to make the TK helmets look so, different?

As a "grandfather" of this, felt I should chime in - I have an FX set of TX armor. Ā And money, at least in my case, has been the main reason for not upgrading. Ā That said I DID actually just decide after a few troops (I had been inactive for a while) that I needed an upgrade, at least helmet first. Ā So I am the proud owner of a Black ATA helmet for my TX!! (I know I know, this is the "TK" area) Ā But I've also got a "new" used set of AP armor I'm restoring to join the ranks of the TK club. Ā 

Ā 

So money, and a bit of resistance as the club was founded on FX, and while not accurate - the idea that troopers *have* to upgrade seemed a bit forceful. I know that's not the case, and I'm glad we could still be considered active in the FX, it just felt like forcing us "old folks."

Ā 

I'm happy to upgrade my TX bucket to a more accurate one. Ā I'm also getting a cloth belt and going to do the mods to the butt plate etc. Ā It just took a bit of coaxing from other troopers and the time and $$ really. Ā But I'm happy now that I'm moving forward to a more accurate suit. Even if it isn't as clean and white as the rest of you TK's :P Ā 

So money, and a bit of resistance as the club was founded on FX, and while not accurate - the idea that troopers *have* to upgrade seemed a bit forceful. I know that's not the case, and I'm glad we could still be considered active in the FX, it just felt like forcing us "old folks."

Albin Johnson's upgraded, two years ago. You know, just FYI. ;)

I bought an FX from a member on here to have as an extra "fun" bucket. My kids can play w it and I can use it at work functions while not having to worry about messing up the more expensive helmets that I've put so much time and $$$ into. I also have an MTK and an AM 2.0 helmet.

• Like 1