Tusken finally cleans up; AP TK build started!

Tusken RTT

Thanks guys-  great suggestions for sure.  I like both of them, may need both the elastic and velcro!  

Walking upstairs was pretty hairy to say the least!  Definitely going need to trim a bit of the bottom thighs.  Still hurts.  

Disaster averted for now;  took everyone's advise and fixed the shin/shoe situation to get by for now.  Walked around a bunch in the house and they stayed in place!  I do make a small velcro crunch sound when I walk so I may change out to elastic and snaps for the connection later.  

Did the elastic strap around the feet, velcroed the shoes to the shin bottoms and tightened up the tops of the shoes with some more velcro.  Very happy the shins come now and stay over the shoes!  I have just everything done except gluing the ab buttons in place!  Heading to the Ren Fest now but will do a fitting and pics tomorrow!

HTTc9Vh.jpg?1

zJAGzry.jpg

AvolnF7.jpg

zB1uaSn.jpg

6uu4ZE0.jpg

Z9qtvnL.jpg

Edited by Tusken RTT

A had a couple of different threads- one for the building and shaping of the kidney shims-

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/29077-adding-the-kidney-shim-not-bad-but/

Another for the nearly final product-

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/29203-need-critiques-please-on-ap-build-about-ready-to-submit-for-basic-approval/

Patiently waiting on the GML! 

7HsruHE.jpg

Looks Awesome, Scott. Great work!

For the rubbing of pieces, on one troop where I was handling, a trooper had felt on the back side of the thermal detonator clips to prevent them from rubbing on the back plate.  I made a mental note as a great idea to prevent scratches.  I haven't seen it noted specifically around here, but maybe some white felt on the inside of the pieces that rub, may also prevent scratches!

Good luck on your approval!

• Like 1