Which one is the right boot?

On 10/19/2014 at 11:22 PM, Vidakovic Igor said:

are this boots approved by 501stattachicon.gif----------

Apart from this thread beeing the wrong place to ask this question, approval could become difficult as there is this big seam on the front. Basic approval could be possible, but no way for EIB or Centurion.

Just look for TKboots on google or chelsea boots (need to be painted white) on ebay. Not an expensive change, but one that really would improve your look.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Hi there!

While waiting for my armor to be delivered, I am doing what I suspect most people are doing:

buying all the other neccessary stuff.

I will go the "paint your own boots white" route and read all the appropriate threads.

I can't (or won't) afford Loakes (my everyday shoes are not that expensive!) and so far didn't have any luck scoring vintage boots on the bay.

Some of the boots that other troopers chose are simply not available to me or due to customs etc. too expensive.

BUT ... I found a huge number of Jodhpur, Chelsea and riding boots online that might do the trick money- and appearancewise (is that a word, after all?)

But ... I also need your help!

As you know, the bigger the selection gets, the harder it gets to decide.

Below is a numbered collection of boots.

Which one might be the most appropriate one?

I tend to number 7 and 8.

What do you think?

Thank you in advance for helping me!

Shoes_zps0086a8bc.thumb.jpg.e6da7c0073450fba96f59d7304403eb2.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Looking at the pictures you have posed I would say 5 and 8 are both good contenders. You need a taller boot so that your shins do not pop out about your boots. 8 being the top of my list I think..

Definitely yeah... #8 would be my first choice, followed by 3, 7, and not 4, 1, or 2. 10 appears to have a tag on the side of the elastic too, upon a closer look so no 10 either.

Whoa!

What has happened here?

Two threads merged?

Yes. To keep both of them on topic. Although I expected the forum to put the merged posts at the bottom, not the top of the thread. Oh well.

So, for those of us in the US, what are some viable tall-ankled, black-to-white options (while we're waiting for TKBoots to ramp up production)?

On a side note, when I read the title of this thread 'Which one is the right boot?', I thought, "well, it's the one that ain't the left boot."    :D

Edited by batninja
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Being a complete newbie to any and all of this I need to ask a question. This is completely my first ever attempt at making a costume for anything so I'm a bit overwhelmed and confused. I see everyone masking off the sole of the shoe and leaving it black. Reading through the requirements for the ROTJ for level three (still unclear what all that means), It states the soles must be white. Does that mean the whole sole, or just the visible part on the outside? Also, why am I not seeing everyone painting that part as well?

And once again......read more! Figured out my mistake.

Edited by Mezzgrave

• 1 month later...

I'm in the US, I bought a pair of the #8's here on amazon. I just tried them on and they fit 100% better in my shins than the Bass Amsterdams that I originally went with.

Here's some side by side pics next to my (hastily painted) Bass Amsterdams:

15837507624_f2952e8d93.jpg

16434028416_3af771de06.jpg

16459097012_162da535d0.jpg

16273792699_ff43fc58ee.jpg

Time to paint them now!

• 4 months later...

Can I ask you where you found #8 for £31.99 please?

I was looking at this thread since i have pretty much given up on tkboots and imperial boots due to back orders. I'll just go the DIY route. I found the roamers (#8) on the US amazon page for $63 USD.  about $13 USD more than the 31 gbp . not bad. still cheaper than the ready made boots. Here is the link

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PI2T0VK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A68Z1W130KDPY

Yes, they run true.

Ordered them in my usual european 43 and they fit like glove.

The shaft is high and narrow, can't imagine any other (affordable) brand to be a closer match.