So many armours

Hey guys

I'm trying to settle on an armour to get and have researched all around to find the best armour for me. I came across a few recommended on this forum and my local garrison forums. I looked one up called AP armour. Has anyone had experience with this armour and if so are they good? I hear good things about them. I also have seen the RS prop masters armour. Is this good? I was looking on their website and saw you can buy a pre made armour. I don't really have anywhere to build it and plus I'm a bit of a clumsy person and a bit paranoid ill mess it up :S are pre made armours good or should I really give it a crack at making it. I'm willing to if it comes to that :) cheers guys

Welcome Tom!

First of all it depends on your height, weight and proportions which armor to consider.

AM and RT-MOD are for the bigger trooper, AP is more for the smaller build (but can be modified for bigger troopers)

The rest of the armor fits the "average" trooper, 1,75m -1,85m, 70-90kg I would say (but this is no law, there is always room for modifications).

Then it comes to your budget - what are you willing to pay? The ATA (affordable trooper armor) set costs around $600, TM and RS are a decent lot more, but beeing more accurate.

And the assembly... well, this is no rocket sience, there are so many builds and tutorials here on FISD and we as a community will help you with any question you have. I would say that everybody can do this. The pre build armor is offered by TM and RS, but comes at a higher price, for RS around 2k.

I found it very satisfactory to build my own armor, something to be proud of, although I understand those who are not able or willing to do this.

In the end it is up to you, don´t hesitate to ask questions ;-)

p.s.: very good thread: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/