My ATA stunt build

So the curved shims are installed and I shapes the ends of the kidney plate on both sides as suggested by Scott. So glad I did. The curve is perfectly lined up to the ab plate now (this is a picture in the mirror. Lol the holster is on the correct side)

0CB9C42F-32EC-4AF5-B82E-8923DEA4777C.jpg

Before I start making the abs paste I cut the kidney notches and sanded down the hard edge of the kidney shim so it it hopefully make the sanding of the paste much more seamless.

729EB0D7-324E-4EEE-9DB1-26F60C6CC865.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by devilmaan
  • Like 1

This may be a silly question, but here it goes. Has anyone one ever fakied the wire bracket to make the exterior of the armor appear screen accurate, but used the snap system on the inside of the armor?.... Basically just drill holes and install tiny screws where the brackets would be?

Edited by devilmaan
  • Like 1

Medium grit, wet sand, meguiars compound, then meguiars Polish, Polish, and Polish...

381E10F8-131C-4093-BF7E-91158E964BC7.jpg

Still have to paint the rivets white..

• Like 1

Had a chance to do a test walk. I haven't finished the back of the chins, so they are taped lol

D926E61B-05F0-450D-9D56-C8A92CF89186_1.j

Edited by devilmaan
  • Like 2

I submitted my legion application and my armor passed local garrison approval! Now I wait for my tkid assignment!

• Like 1

I submitted my legion application and my armor passed local garrison approval! Now I wait for my tkid assignment!

I'm right behind you !!!

And Thanks again for coming over Saturday to help out !!

• Like 1

I made some extra large kidney shims and gave them a slight bend with the heat gun. I won't have to use the whole shim. I figured i would get a better measurement to glue the shim to the kidney and then I would know exactly how big they need to

First, your build looks awesome. Thanks for a great WIP. When you where bending your shims, did you use something to shape them, or did you just heat them up and eyeball it? Thanks.

• Like 1

Thank You! as far as the shims I slowly heated the shims up and rolled it up from the edge.. keeping one edge on the work bench and using a rulers on the other edge to keep it straight and rolled up.. I tried to have the shim piece pretty soft from heat so I really wouldn't have to force the bend.

it doesn't need much of a bend at all.

I hope the quick drawing below will help make some sense of how I made the bend

F33E3D6B-BAE8-4526-9222-53D72E9480D4.jpg

• Like 1