Sterling Sub Machine gun from HobbyKing

Have you seen the "countries we do not ship to"? The UK looks ok though

We are unable to ship this product to the following countries, click here to view the list

AFGHANISTAN, ALBANIA, ALGERIA, AMERICAN SAMOA, ANDORRA, ANGOLA, ANGUILLA, ANTARCTICA, ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA, ARGENTINA, ARMENIA, ARUBA, AUSTRALIA, AZERBAIJAN, BAHAMAS, BAHRAIN, BANGLADESH, BARBADOS, BELARUS, BELIZE, BENIN, BERMUDA, BHUTAN, BOLIVIA, BOSNIA HERCEGOVINA, BOTSWANA, BOUVET ISLAND, BRAZIL, BRITISH INDIAN OCEAN TERRITORY, BRUNEI DARUSSALAM, BURKINA FASO, BURUNDI, CAMBODIA, CAMEROON, CANADA, CAPE VERDE, CAYMAN ISLANDS, CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC, CHAD, CHILE, CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF, CHRISTMAS ISLAND, COCOS (KEELING) ISLANDS, COLOMBIA, COMOROS, CONGO, COOK ISLANDS, COSTA RICA, COTE D'IVOIRE, CUBA, DJIBOUTI, DOMINICA, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC, EAST TIMOR, ECUADOR, EGYPT, EL SALVADOR, EQUATORIAL GUINEA, ERITREA, ETHIOPIA, FALKLAND ISLANDS (MALVINAS), FAROE ISLANDS, FIJI, FRENCH GUIANA, FRENCH POLYNESIA, FRENCH SOUTHERN TERRITORIES, GABON, GAMBIA, GEORGIA, GHANA, GIBRALTAR, GREENLAND, GRENADA, GUADELOUPE, GUAM, GUATEMALA, GUINEA, GUINEA-BISSAU, GUYANA, HAITI, HEARD AND MC DONALD ISLANDS, HONDURAS, ICELAND, INDIA, INDONESIA, IRAN (ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF), IRAQ, ISRAEL, JAMAICA, JAPAN, JORDAN, KAZAKHSTAN, KENYA, KIRIBATI, KOREA, DEMOCRATIC PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF, KOREA, REPUBLIC OF, KUWAIT, KYRGYZSTAN, LAO PEOPLE'S DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC, LEBANON, LESOTHO, LIBERIA, LIBYA, LIECHTENSTEIN, MACAU, Macedonia, MADAGASCAR, MALAWI, MALAYSIA, MALDIVES, MALI, MARSHALL ISLANDS, MARTINIQUE, MAURITANIA, MAURITIUS, MEXICO, MICRONESIA, MOLDOVA, REPUBLIC OF, MONACO, MONGOLIA, MONTENEGRO, MONTSERRAT, MOROCCO, MOZAMBIQUE, MYANMAR, NAMIBIA, NAURU, NEPAL, NETHERLANDS ANTILLES, NEUTRAL ZONE, NEW CALEDONIA, NEW ZEALAND, NICARAGUA, NIGER, NIGERIA, NIUE, NORFOLK ISLAND, NORTHERN MARIANA ISLANDS, NORWAY, OMAN, PAKISTAN, PALAU, PANAMA, PAPUA NEW GUINEA, PARAGUAY, PERU, PHILIPPINES, PITCAIRN, PUERTO RICO, QATAR, REUNION, RUSSIAN FEDERATION, RWANDA, SAINT KITTS AND NEVIS, SAINT LUCIA, SAINT VINCENT AND THE GRENADINES, SAMOA, SAN MARINO, SAO TOME AND PRINCIPE, SAUDI ARABIA, SENEGAL, SERBIA, Serbia/Montenegro, SEYCHELLES, SIERRA LEONE, SINGAPORE, SOLOMON ISLANDS, SOMALIA, SOUTH AFRICA, SRI LANKA, ST. HELENA, ST. PIERRE AND MIQUELON, SUDAN, SURINAME, SVALBARD AND JAN MAYEN ISLANDS, SWAZILAND, SWITZERLAND, SYRIAN ARAB REPUBLIC, TAIWAN, REPUBLIC OF CHINA, TAJIKISTAN, TANZANIA, UNITED REPUBLIC OF, THAILAND, TOGO, TOKELAU, TONGA, TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO, TUNISIA, TURKEY, TURKMENISTAN, TURKS AND CAICOS ISLANDS, TUVALU, UGANDA, UKRAINE, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES, UNITED STATES, UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS, URUGUAY, UZBEKISTAN, VANUATU, VATICAN CITY STATE (HOLY SEE), VENEZUELA, VIET NAM, VIRGIN ISLANDS (BRITISH), VIRGIN ISLANDS (U.S.), WALLIS AND FUTUNA ISLANDS, WESTERN SAHARA, YEMEN, REPUBLIC OF, YUGOSLAVIA, ZAIRE, ZAMBIA, ZIMBABWE,

Well, I'm not Vern, but, After I found additional pictures, the trigger housing looks wrong. This is likely because this is a softgun and they need space for the gearbox, but still. I would say this is the biggest flaw in this model.

And there is no flat area in front of the bayonet lug.

Overall, it looks weird... Like a mix between the L2A3 and the MGC, with also self interpretation of some parts. Everything looks a bit off: the trigger group, "S-?-R" markings instead of "A-R-S" for the fire selector, handle shape, inner bolt, rear sight, folding stock cross junction, muzzle to barrel junction, bayonnet lug area, ...

Still better than a Hasbro but not better than the Doopy in my opinion.

It's not perfect, but taken for what it is, they did a pretty good job on it. I imagine the sterling because of it's slim and somewhat odd design, is pretty hard to make into a functional air soft gun. So some changes have to be made to accommodate.

• Like 1

I suppose it can be made. But we don't know what compromises they had to do. Maybe settle with a smaller gearbox and weaker motors than they would have wanted.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I'm not Vern, but, After I found additional pictures, the trigger housing looks wrong. This is likely because this is a softgun and they need space for the gearbox, but still. I would say this is the biggest flaw in this model.

And there is no flat area in front of the bayonet lug.

I resemble that reamak

another airsoft fail when will they get it enen F in close?

TOTQL failure

hey walt... this post is in honor of every mis spelled post you've ever done on the FISD