Twin AP TK builds from the valley of the sun

Hello hello !

My friend and I have finally received our big brown boxes and we're digging in - what a load of stuff to work with!

I've been reading reading reading for the last few months on just about everyone's build on here, and thought "oh this won't be too bad!"  We also have an awesome armor smith local that has a ton of experience -

The obligatory armor inventory shot - 

99D36043-6357-4BB8-B156-8FE742265B5A.jpg

The first thing I wanted to do was something I knew I could do - painting - so taped up and sprayed the inside of the helmet black.  I've seen this and it looks awesome - adds a bit to the final build and I read get it done first - 

295D140A-95BC-472C-BA62-0054786416D4.jpg

4D41D127-CD00-4698-ACA0-035BFEBC1806.jpg

Currently trying to figure out if I screwed up the ears by getting wayyyyyyyyyyy to excited at learning how to cut this plastic....if I can bring myself to post the pics I will, but for the moment I'm stepping back and doing hour after hour researching ears....

More to come - 

• Like 1

Lay down the ears until you have the two halves of the helmet joined permanently. There will be micro adjustments you will need to make that you can only do correctly with the halves joined.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I happen to have completed it end of last year and almost done on the second set - so yes, and I so need to get the pics uploaded!!! Give me a few days and I'll complete what I started here - guess I needed a little kick :)

In the mean time marqus, have a look at my build thread link below my signature for AP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, I honestly used a LOT of builds here to help, and our armor master for the DSG was an old pro at AP. It's great armor, and it does have some "ah ha" moments :)