DLT-19 from scratch

haui

great work. Questions

1. What tool did you use to sculpt the wood?

2 I see 3 layers of wood. How thick is each?

I used a hand-rasp, hand-file and abrasive paper

Every layer is made opf 12mm wood

Bravo!! Excellent build!!! I assume you used a router to get those curves correct?

I printes out the plans and glued it to the wood and then used a saw and rasp to gat the curves

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey man! 

Awesome work! Just wondering if you can please give us the measurements for the guns? :) or the diagrams if possible... Thinking about starting one from scratch as well. Only thing i have now is the length of the MG34 from Wikipedia :)

See Post No1 or

So i converted them to PDF A4. Now i can print them out in size 1:1 and have all dimensions i need. Here the Download: www.haui.eu/userfiles/downloads/blaster_zeichnung_1zu1.zip

• 10 months later...

The resourcefulness here is amazing. You remind me of that MacGuyver-type uncle everybody talks about who built his own seven bedroom cabin carved from a single piece of wood and powered by one AA battery. This is an impressive build.

Edited by pewpewpew

• 6 months later...

This is simply awesome! You have very string skills in this, if I hadn't looked through the whole therad I would have laughed at someone saying the majority is made from wood! Much cleaner than a resin kit, unbelievable. I'm looking forward to see the videos with sound, which I cannot do from work but the lights inside the barrel look terrific! Good job!

I always liked the scenes on the Death Star with troopers holding the big gun, so this is going to be my next project. This thread will be a great inspiration!