Cutting notches in the tops of my shins

Hey everyone!  After a few troops, it's time to start with some modifications!  I'm starting with notching the tops of my shins to help mobility.  I've taken some pics with pencil lines and wanted to get some opinions before I break out my scissors:

FWCL9oX.jpg

c6dvnBU.jpg

I had to cut a u shape on my thighs as i got some pretty nasty armor bites after my first troop. Wish it could have waited until after i submit my eib app but theres a bunch of troops coming up and im awaiting 501st access still to submit my application.

Something like that won't affect eib/centurion right?

Personally I think the wide U-shape as you have shown looks good. Some people do a smaller version and it looks distracting to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had to cut a u shape on my thighs as i got some pretty nasty armor bites after my first troop. Wish it could have waited until after i submit my eib app but theres a bunch of troops coming up and im awaiting 501st access still to submit my application.

Something like that won't affect eib/centurion right?

It used to. Others would get EI first and then mod away.

• Like 1

I don't see how it should affect eib/centurion. Some on screen troopers also had those cuts. Whether they were intentional (quite likely) or cause of a break from wear is unclear, but they are definitely cut.

There is also no mention of it not being ok in the CRL's.

• Like 1

Hey Ron ya made any cuts yet?

I haven't yet.  I did a troop last night and I'm not convinced I need to make those cuts.  Thanks everyone for the feedback on the topic.  I'm still considering it.

Hey guys, to answer the question regarding the notches at the back of your shins and thighs. Absolutely a yes you can, it will not affect your EIB or Centurion applications. I had no choice but to do mine for mobility, and to avoid armour bite, and had no trouble at all with approvals. As Locitus says, some of the troopers in ANH had the notches.

Mine were done before any approvals took place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Sly11
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...