IMG_9714.jpg

IMG_9715.jpg

IMG_9718.jpg

Thermal Detonator:

IMG_9105.jpg

Action Shots:

IMG_9086.jpg

IMG_9087.jpg''

Thank You very much for your consideration.

Edited by starsaber25

Hi it looks great.

I would install some mesh behind the Teeth of your helmet.

The shoulders look a little bit small to me, teh gap between them and the chest is very big i think

Haui - Yeah I've worked on that gap a lot and for some reason I can't get it to close up any better.  The shoulder bells are of normal size and I don't have big shoulders.  When the shoulder bells sit on my shoulders I would say only about an inch of the bell is actually touching me.  The rest is kind of floating.  I've followed advice and maybe move the snap closer towards the front of the armor and that will cause the shoulder to roate forward but it only helped a little.  The only other thing I can think of which of course I am very hesitant to do is to heat up the shoulder bell and kind of make it wider.  But that would be my last resort.

Thanks Anthony!  Yeah hopefully we can get some more! 

Hey there, Steve!! Thank you for your EIB application. MTK is a great armor and his little tweeks towards greater accuracy are great to see. Let's take a look at your armor!!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

There are two required photos that are missing. I will still move forward with your application seeing as one of them is a close-up of your Hovi-tips. I can't imagine that Troopermaster would provide you with bad tips with his helmet. The second pic is a close up of your crotch hardware. Although we can see the INSIDE on your interior strapping shot, I need to make sure you haven't painted this hardware which is not allowed for Centurion. I would need to mention it if it was. Please add these pics as soon as you can.

Your armor, is excellent and well built. It contains all necessary elements required for Expert Infantry. With that, I would like to congratulate and welcome you to EIB!!!

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

WARNING!!! Someone shot a hole in your thermal detonator!!!!!! Anyway, this section is used by myself and your fellow troopers to point out suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. These are suggestions that will not change the result of your applications.

It was mentioned to install frown screen. Troopermaster doesn't install the frown screen because it was not on the helmets in the original film. Frown screen is an invention of the 501st to hide the costumer from close meetings with our fans. It is totally up to you to install it or leave your frown as it is.

​I would definitely work on securing your calf closure. In my experience working with the TE mold lineage armor, the shins have a tendency to splay open when assembled. If your grieves close freely around your calves when you squeeze them, you might want to consider giving them a boiling water bath. Tie string around the grieves compressing the closure together. Then place the shins into a 5 gallon bucket or tall garbage can. Boil a huge opt of water and slowly pour this over your shins. This requires a lot of water so boil two pots if you have them. Leave them in the water for about 5 min and you should be set. Using the strap and hook closure works as well.

The only thing I can see as fixable is the scope rail on your blaster. As you can see in this shot, the scope rails were up off the receiver only about as far as the thickness of the bolt heads holding the scopes on the rail. About 1/4-3/8 inch.gallery_12157_11_622681.jpg

This is a pic of your blaster next to apic I re-did of your blaster with a lower rail:post-12041-0-91065600-1413590349_thumb.jpgpost-12041-0-22188800-1413590363_thumb.jpg

Centurion Suggestions:

This is the section where I feel certain aspects should be changed prior to a Centurion application. I assume from your efforts and all the details that is your intention.

Your shoulder bells do need to be raised. The tops should come darn near to or even touch the ribbed shoulder bridges. Raising them will also close that chest/shoulder gap that was mentioned. MTK shoulder bells are wide as they are. Much wider than the originals were at the bottom. I would stay away from widening them as you mentioned. It's an unnecessary step.

The second is your waist belt, I would like to see the droop taken out and it raised a bit to touch or even slightly overlap the bottom of the button plates.

gallery_12157_11_6596.jpg

Congratulations on a great set of armor!

• Like 1

Congrats Steve!!! Now get to troopin :)

And thanks for taking the TK ID i was eyeballing LOL. Execute order 66!

Edited by fuumantroop
  • Like 2

Thanks so much Steve and thanks Andrew.  I totally forgot to post those pictures.  So here they are.

IMG_9101.jpg

IMG_9093.jpg

IMG_9092.jpg

Hopefully that should cover it.

Now Steve I'm not too sure I know what you mean by raising the shoulder bridges.  Besides the shins the shoulder bells have been giving me a fit.  I would love to try and close up that gap but I don't get what you mean by raising them.  If you could do me a favor and please explain that a little further that would be great.

Again thank you so much for for my approval and its very exciting!  I can't wait to make these changes and go Centurion!

Edited by starsaber25

Hahahaha!!! What i did to raise my shoulder bells, basically just 30 minutes ago, was i shortened the elastic strap that connects the chest and back armor, then shortened the strap that connects that to my shoulder bells. To me it looks a LOT better, im not having to fight them to stay up anymore at all!

My theory on the fix was that if i can create more tension between the chest and back, then my shoulder bells would have less slack to pull down that connection, meaning my shoulder bells will stay up higher.

Will be truly testing them out tomorrow at my photographer friends house for a photo shoot :) also have a troop or two next weekend!

Edited by fuumantroop
  • Like 1

Hey thanks everyone. It's pretty amazing to be at this point. Back when I first made my order back in May this accomplishment wasn't on my radar. My thoughts was to just get this done so I can wear it by Halloween. Well I made the first milestone in getting 501st approved and now the second milestone EIB before Halloween has arrived. Hopefully I can make corrections soon and be on my way to centurion!

• Like 2

Again Thanks guys for your support!  Hopefully after Halloween I will get the chance to change the small few things and apply for my centurion status.  In the process of changing out the black elastic on back of the shins, working on the shoulder bells, and I will probably cut new rear coverstrips for the back of the shins to cover more area.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Steve,

Just a thought...on the shin back elastics,instead of changing them if you are happy with them other than the color, why not just dye them? But if you already replaced them, then never mind. :)