Undersuit...one part? Two parts? Preferred sellers? Pros/Cons?

I remember from a few years ago, the acceptable undersuit was simply a one-piece, black Lycra danceskin.   I know that several manufacturers now sell two-piece options, a la UnderArmor, and others now include zippers, and fabric options for different climates.

Is there a 'standard' now for undersuits?   Do any of you have recommendations on them?   Zippers, warm weather vs. cold weather, year-round, etc.?   Favorite sellers?

the standard now is eastbay. i prefer the mock neck as i dont use a neckseal:------------

the shirt and pant combo is often on sale both for $24.99-29.99

the cold weather version doesnt matter much unless your troops are consistantly cold areas, its hot enough in the armor anyway.

NOTE: to existing troopers with eastbay compression pants, they have discontinued the all black pants, the new ones are 2.0 (tights) and have white stitching near the groin which may be visible, nothing a black sharpie/felt pen cant fix.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I bought Russell Athletic compression top and bottoms from Amazon. Only a small logo on the chest, and solid black everywhere else. Price was better than east bay and free shipping. 

• 4 weeks later...

I just picked up some compression pants and shirt from Dunhams! It's Aeroline brand. It's not as thick as underarmor, but it's all black without and light stitching. Picked up the pair for 37 dollars. Just thought I'd give anyone a heads up if anyone is looking

• 3 months later...

eBay also has loads of cheap compression gear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am looking for the undersuit as well. I also saw Eastbay and was worried about the pants. Has anyone bought them? Do they know they will work? I dont want to buy something only to return it.

Also, if you have something you have bought and know it works can you please link to it? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone heard of this site? it seams pretty cool but I don't know how reputable it is.... http://www.stormtrooperundersuit.com/

First time I've heard of that site. The under-suits look fine, if you want a one-piece. Price isn't bad, but I'm not sure how much compression shirts/pants go for in the UK. I got mine for about $30 on Amazon.

The neck seals look ok, but the backs might not be high enough. If you look at a Darman neck seal you'll see it goes up pretty high in the back; which ensures no skin or hair is visible with your helmet on.