Deciding which to buy...

So I have been reading, and emailing different armor makers, and trying to weigh which armor to buy.

I want it delivered soon enough so that I can have it ready to wear by May, so that cancels some of the choices.

I've never done costuming of this caliber before, so pre-trimmed and ready out-of-the-box helmets sound appealing to me.

RT can come with assembled helmet, but I also that armor is for bigger body types. I'm average size (170 lb and 5"10') Would this be too big for me?

T/MC can also come with a completed helmet. Any comments on this choice?

The last choice seems to be AP, which has the fastest delivery time, but no completed helmet. Does being fully trimmed make it easier to assemble?

What makes an armor easier or harder to assemble? Which of these are easier/harder?
Could I be pointed to some tutorials for these armors?

:)

I made an AP helmet that was not completely trimmed when I got it, and it was VERY easy. The "difficult" part was trimming the ears, and it's already done in a trimmed kit.

I wouldn't necessarily rush too be armor maker just because they offer a pre assembled helmet. Every single person here was in your shoes. In my opinion, the ones who jumped in feet first and built their suit from top to bottom are far more satisfied. You can look in the mirror and say...."I did that!" "I built this!"

The information to accomplish that is here. Hundreds gave done this before you. We have your back.

As for specifics....for your body, RT would indeed get too big. AP, TM, RS Props would look best on you in my opinion.

Hi Error

I built an untrimmed AP, wanted the complete experience. I can recommend what Steve above has suggested, and yes we are here to help in every aspect possible.

Good luck and choose wisely.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have bought a used armor, but, I ended up by getting some new parts from AP. It's really not that bad trimming an armor. Take your time and you will be fine.

Eric

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Hi guy's, I'm new and have but one serious and yet unanswered question. where can I ger an armor set from? preferably Rt

From RT-Mod himself.

Ryan, you've already been given all of the advice that I was prepared to give after reading your post...

Steve is correct, RT would definitely be too big for you. At your size, you can pretty much choose any of the screen derived armor kits - as Steve pretty much also spelled out for you. :)

tkjames, as Eric pointed out, RT is available from RT-Mod. His list for 2015 will be opening in January, and when you get sequenced on that list will determine how soon you receive your kit.

Here's where you should be looking to get an idea about the armor makers: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/

Edited by Dark CMF

Since the consensus seems to be start from the bottom, I guess I'll start from the bottom! AP untrimmed it is. Thanks for the input.

Could someone point me to a thorough AP tutorial? I've found a few, but they're not quite as step-by-step as my lack-of-experience requires.

Since the consensus seems to be start from the bottom, I guess I'll start from the bottom! AP untrimmed it is. Thanks for the input.

Could someone point me to a thorough AP tutorial? I've found a few, but they're not quite as step-by-step as my lack-of-experience requires.

The base for every armor is the same. The main thing, make it fit for you.

Good luck with your build.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have an AP and I built it in a limited timeframe. The helmet was probably the easiest and most fun.

But I was given advice to build it last. As by that time your skills with cutting, trimming, drilling, painting and overall experience with working with the ABS would be at top notch. And you want your lid to look the best cos it's the first thing people see.

Edited by HansDC
  • Like 1

I've ordered AP, so now I'm just wating for that brown box. ^__^  I will definately put up a build thread when the tme comes. 

My stats are as follows:

170 lbs (756 N)
5'10" (177 mm)

Edited by ERROR

You are similar to me ,only a little heavier, what is your waist measurement ?

I am between 32 to 34, and didn't need to shim my AP, although it is a tight fit but still as comfortable as TK armour can be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk