Bulldog44 DD E-11Build

Bulldog44

Satin black is my favorite paint for many different things. I think it looks "professional", it's easy to spray without blemishes and it's a lot tougher than a matte finish. I know a lot of people would poo-poo the screen accurate aspect, but for a durable trooping blaster, I wouldn't hesitate to use satin black.

Thanks Aaron for your input. They don't sell satin black here at all. The semi-gloss black from Tamiya is the closest thing to it I think. I read lots on the differences but it seems is all about the gloss ratio. I just bought two cans of the semi-gloss black to do some test painting and see how it goes. 

If it looks good, I will spray a clear primer down again on the blaster and then the semi-gloss black, maybe tone it down some with a some matte topcoat. I really miss all the paint options back home!

Good to finally see some color on that beauty :duim:

Would recommend to place the counter a bit higher and 1 or 2 cm towards the rear. When you paint the golden part of the counter, will you also paint the brass screw head in the grip?

Trigger guard looks good. What a shame you can't get gloss black for the grip. Hope your work-around with the semi-gloss black will turn out fine.

Any plans to add weathering?

• Like 1

Good to finally see some color on that beauty :duim:

Would recommend to place the counter a bit higher and 1 or 2 cm towards the rear. When you paint the golden part of the counter, will you also paint the brass screw head in the grip?

Trigger guard looks good. What a shame you can't get gloss black for the grip. Hope your work-around with the semi-gloss black will turn out fine.

Any plans to add weathering?

Thanks Tino. Finally painted somewhat but nowhere as nice as your blaster looks. i need to take some lessons. i will relocate that counter and set it higher and back a bit as you suggested. Yes, I will paint the grip screw head too but I kinda like it the way it is. Oh well.

I can get Tamiya back or gloss lack for he hip but I think it looks way too shiny so I will see how the semi gloss looks. Actually the clear primer I just bought gives off a nice gloss look on top of the matter black but not over the top.

Weathering .......I am still afraid of messing up the paint job so once that gets finalized, I will add some minimal weathering. I figure this will be my trooping blaster for some foreseeable future so it will naturally get some wear and scrapes in the right places.

I will attempt my next painting phase on the weekend. Until then I will try some test painting late at night when the neighbors are asleep!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Your build is so impressive.  I wish I had of seen this before I started my build as you showed us so many wonderful modifications.  Outstanding build. :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

Thanks Michael. Tino's build was the inspiration for many of the mods and I am glad you have been following his. As seeing your build progress with new ideas introduced , it is another great reason to build another e-11 !

• Like 2

Hi Brian I have only recently come across this thread, (and haven't as yet finished reading all of it), but have literally been inspired by your attention to detail and some great innovative ideas...... I hope that I can incorporate some of it in to my build.

What constantly amazes me on this forum is the skill people have and there willingness to share what they have done to help others.

Blaster builds continue to evolve and this can only be good for all of us.

• Like 2