How many is too many

Hi guys anyone else get pressure of their missus about their helmets ? I currently have 4 'project' lids, I call them that so the missus thinks I'm gonna do something with them and not just keep them like I want to, all are adapted from kits, my three main ones are FX helmets and I have a rubies clone trooper build, I have recently had to sell my sand trooper custom build to help pay some car bills, which has kept her off my back a bit, but is there such a thing as having too many lids ?

I currently have a stormtrooper commander, that needs his eyebrow trim, an incinerator trooper that needs ears, a plain stormy that needs quite a bit doing, and my rubies adaption that I think is just about there

----------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

That's sad  :-(

No problem with mine, in fact she's searching herself to get her Scout Trooper armor / helmet, and asks for my help with her project  :)  In fact she totally accepts all of my weird hobbies ...  Have I found the perfect woman ?  :jc_doublethumbup:

My son loves costuming, so he has many Star Wars cheap costumes, a Bumblebee helmet / gun, a Vader helmet (with cool sounds, wow !) with many lightsabers, and his new TK helmet I made, which he loves!!!  I'm currently assembling a TK armor for him with styrene from the hardware store, lets say it's not very accurate  ;)  but he's thrilled with it !  He pushes me to progress, and searches for details to add on it.

I'll soon have my TK armor / helmet, and I will one day be looking for an Imperial Guard one.  But just after my TK I will begin to check for a R2-D2 build, and my wife is ok with that  :)

My GF is totally into SW and is considering a build in the future herself (she wants to see how my TK project goes first though). I currently have 2 buckets and a third on the way. There are at least 2 others from different makers that I'm also interested in, and pretty sure she won't bat an eye.

I'm currently sitting at 9: chipper ESB, ANH Stunt, my son's 2 ANH Stunt's, TIE pilot, Imperial Commando (currently painted black), an art project primed red, and 2 completed art pieces. Looking to order up another for a Mr No Stripes chipper build. My wife is okay with mine...as long as i keep them all down at my studio. ;)

QgC8tuH.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021

Let's see...

One EA Death Watch Mando, one Rubies Jango with visor from t-visor.com, two Hasbro clone mods in progress, one eFX trooper, one CAP-W Magma trooper, and one CAP-W Death trooper. So there's 7. 

Considering doing a Thomas Bangalter and a Spec Ops swamp scout after I win the lottery. Can never have too much headgear laying around.

On 10/6/2014 at 10:32 PM, mr_hair said:

You can never have too many! TK in the post too...

That's been added to my bucket list! Doh....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

I've owned over 40 lids over the last 9 or so years, usually with around 10 in possession at one time. I'm a little thin on the ground as of late: I think I currently have 3.. Something like that anyway.

• Like 1