TK-921 AP (authentic props) build.

Hello members,

Thank you for taking the time to come check out my build.

I've been working on this suit for several years on and off. So you won't see a step by step build, we already have a lot of those and I would really be showing you nothing some of you may already know.

I will have pics up shortly, I just have to sort through them.

But I'll start off by listing some of the things I did to my AP suit. Which will be a beat up version and NOT squeaky clean.

I painted my helmet green to replicate the crappy plastic that was painted white on the original stunts.

All the details were hand painted & I included paint drips. Hovi tip, S-trim and green lens done.

I also added return edges to the bottom of the kidney plate and also to the top butt plate, To allow me to attach original style hand made metal brackets. But before I bolt those into place I will re-enforce those areas with fibreglass and paint it white if there is some discolouration.

I also modded my hand plates to better fit my hand by using my modelling iron to do edges and make it nice, These will be replaced with latex ones ASAP.

I added that detail that is at the top of the thigh armor that you see on some ANH pics, again using the iron.

I did the kidney plate notch and added return edges to make it look clean and thick.

I may be doing the grappling hook belt for my TK just to be different.

My current blaster is a MR, I will mod that to be more accurate.

Holster will be made by me.

That's all for now, pics will be up soon.

Cheers

• Like 1

Sounds good and looks pretty nice.

However, there's not much of a notch on the top of the right/hand thigh and you might have overdone it a bit. On contrary, i feel like you could have gone further with the left/hand thigh notch.

med_gallery_12157_15_41437.jpg med_gallery_12157_15_34529.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Looks sensational, and love how you did the check outs on the kidney plate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What a huge improvement!! Outstanding!!

Watch your belt. It has a bit of a droop. The top edge should be resting right at the bottom of the button plates. You're drop boxes should be sitting even with the outer edge of the waist belt.

• Like 1