E11 wires- do these look OK?

Tusken RTT

Hi everyone;  waiting on the armor and doing what I can in the meantime.  I saw the thread about the wires on the E-11;  do these look OK?  Have not glued them in yet and I still have a lot of sanding and painting and weathering to do, but wanted to check with everyone before I cemented these in.  I appreciate the feedback!  

rp5kXdb.jpg

glFYH4Q.jpg

l8voal1.jpg

8oX0qQG.jpg

For the short duration that any E11's had their wires in the film, they were very thin diameter wires. Sorry to say that yours are a bit thick. Take a look here:http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/2485-e11-power-cylinder-wires/

also, i'd hate to say it, but i think the gun in too "shiny/glossy" the guns were a bit more matte. The handle however was more vibrant in color since it was a rubber grip and therefore looks more shiny than the rest of the gun. still looks great none the less. Always appreciate the hard work of creating a hasbro conversion.

• Like 1

Thanks guys!  The wires will be toast, I will look for some much thinner ones.  Still lots of sanding to do it sounds like then, good tips on the paint!  I can leave the shiny only for the handle and will plan on repainting with more of a flat black.  Appreciate it!

sorry yea thats what i meant. The hard plastic, thats what made it shiny.

thanks for the clarrification.

in either case, yes i suggest you "flatten" the rest of the gun and leave the handle shiny.

Thanks again everyone;  found some thinner wire,  re-sanded, used flat black and did some light weathering.  Sprayed some clear coat on the handle, might do another coat or two to shine it up a bit more.  Great call by the group;  no comparison, the flat looks so much better than that shiny thing I started with!

JQLlsCA.jpg?1

rrFb0dg.jpg

in7hqd0.jpg

EWZUL4s.jpg

• 3 weeks later...