Hard hat liner or Foam Padding?

hard hat liner or foam padding?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. lWhich do you think works out better over all?

• liner
    • padding

Which seem to work out better? Pros n cons? I will hopefully be getting a bucket soon, but am on the fence on whether to pad it or use the hard hat liner. Any input appreciated. thanks guys! :D

Foam padding from a batting helmet. Used it on my first bucket and wouldnt even consider using a hard hat liner anymore. It looks better and it feels better. (Ive worn hard hats before)

Definetly padding! I had the liner in my FX and I'm changing it over. I custom made padding for my AP and it freaking rocks! I have also been told that some feel like the less space around your head, the less hot air can build up and that padding is cooler. The padding also absorbs sweat.

-----

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

I feel like it depends on the bucket. With the fx you have the option to make either work. I tried putting a liner in an ap and it was not a good idea. Fit was bad and it just didn't work. I had padding in my rt and its working very well. Plus with padding you have the flexibility to move it around. I see better out of my rt than my fx because of this flexibility. I wouldn't be able to make this happen with a liner in my rt.

i will dissent and say hard hat liner, all the way.

it provides me better circulation than foam against my noggin by far. I end up with a half-inch or so of space between the top of my head and the bucket and it's great. Plus, it comfortably holds the bucket in place well so that when I turn my head quickly, the bucket goes with it and stops with it without continuing to spin!

I have foam padding in both of my buckets I never liked the way the hard hat liner felt so I switched to foam. :)

Hm, general consensus seems like foam padding. The only reason i was thinking hard hat liner was to keep air circulating. Im guessing i can still add fans with the foam, so i may give that a try first. Still trying to get my hands on an AP or TM bucket.

TK1491 said:
(psssst: hard hat liner) lol

(psssst: what he said)

here's a tutorial on installing a hard hat liner:

--------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

TK4205 said:

(psssst: what he said)

here's a tutorial on installing a hard hat liner:

----------

HAHA :D:D

ill check that out..lol. i suppose i have to try them both out for myself ... B)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I think this is where we come back to individual preference. ;)

--Jonah

You are definately right about that, i just wanted to see the pros and cons of each to help me decide.

...still havent made up my mind....lol....but i do like the idea of using the velcro to attach the liner so its not completely permanent.