Please help me ! AP Armor Build

Spycee

Thanks !  Since I have 2 helmets to build, I'll order an S trim to see the difference between the 2.

I think I partially solved my ears problem : if I put the brow after screwing the ear, the ear keeps sticked closer to the helmet.

It progresses well !  I need to find a store that sells semi-gloss black for the mouth part ...  I bought pinstripes to do the black outlines on the ears, but not sticked them yet.

And I need to find some sponge to put in the helmet, to be able to wear it correctly.

Yp7z5wI.jpg   ZwPRLtx.jpg

jS3U0Z9.jpg   Yp119rQ.jpg

Thanks !

It's almost finished (visually), it's only missing the pin stripes on the ears and the black line on gray part of the ears.  The black on the mouth is not to my taste, I'll redo the coating a bit to remove some imperfections.  I was not able to fine semi-gloss enamel, so I used acrylic, to see if it's ok.

I will begin the interior part.  I'll install some fans in it, and I must find some padding to use.  It must be good padding, my son's head is relatively small (he is able to enter it with his glasses, lucky little guy !).

AQoggE0.jpg

MM2mS3U.jpg

On this one ? No, it's the one for my son, it will do absolutely nothing more for him to have accurate mic tips. Maybe one day, if he wants accuracy ... But for mine they're already ordered, don't worry ;-)

Oops, I forgot to update the pictures ! I painted the back bar in black, and I put a pin stripe around the gray part. But for the screws... I painted them white, but it's too yellowish to my taste, I'll try another paint.

It still blows me away that after all these years, AP helmets still come with the wrong mic tips and neck trim.

Nice work on the helmet and good recovery on those ears. On your next helmet, I would make the tooth openings a little more squared at the corners than rounded. Well done

Yeah, I was a bit shy on the tooth holes ...  I squared them a bit after I was told to do it, but not enough.  Maybe someday I'll made a touch up for that, if I have the time.  On mine it's Mark who will do it, so I guess it will be ok  ;)  For the moment I want to finish the inside of the helmet so my son can wear it, it needs a lot of padding !  I will will use velcro so when he will grow up I will just switch to a lighter padding.

For the mic tips and neck trim ...  I knew it from the start so it doesn't really bother me.  He sells ABS armor parts, not complete sets of armor, so it's understandable.  But on the other side, yes, it would be nice to buy all the correct pieces in one shot.

He loves his helmet  :)   But now he wants an armor ...  At 4'9"", he's too tall for kids armor, and too short for adult armor.  I'm currently checking to maybe build a vacuum former to create some pieces for him while he's waiting to grow enough for a "real" armor.  I know, it's complicated and it can cost a lot to try to do that but hey, I love my son  B)  I don't want to have something professional, just something that looks a bit like my armor and that he can wear while playing.  And I'm very curious and interested about the process ...  

And after that, my real "big" project : an astromech !

Ok, some progress pics I forgot to post (yeah I know, my white is not white enough ;)) :

c0PDVUG.jpg QID5e8f.jpg

zNqup48.jpg

I received :

Neck seal (thanks Darman !)

0ZDejWr.jpg

Boots (I need to work on them)

xUvORzd.jpg

And I ordered another green lenses : http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Face-Shield-Dark-Green-PETG-8-x-15-5-x-040-No-IR-Or-UV-15190-/261447324202?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cdf79922a&_uhb=1

Edited by Spycee

Thanks !  No I don't have gloss white spray, but I'll try another paint.  I used an old one from my D&D miniatures, just to see if it fits.  Apparently, the answer is no  ;)

I got my straps from Club Tissus.  And I got my "s" rubber from TrooperBay, and also 2 helmet bags and a pack of magnets.  Holy ***, they are so hard to separate !!!

I've been practicing my snaps skills on my son's armor, the first one took some time, I wasn't totally sure about how to do it.  But the second one was very easy  :)  I've been strapping it with elastic straps and it seems fine for him, but I don't think I'll use elastic ones for mine.

I think I'm only missing my blaster ...  Oh, and I need to find what to use for padding the helmet.  

I'm supposed to get my armor parts in the next days, I'm VERY excited  :smiley-sw013:

• Like 1

I got my straps from Club Tissus. And I got my "s" rubber from TrooperBay, and also 2 helmet bags and a pack of magnets. Holy ***, they are so hard to separate !!!

I've been practicing my snaps skills on my son's armor, the first one took some time, I wasn't totally sure about how to do it. But the second one was very easy :) I've been strapping it with elastic straps and it seems fine for him, but I don't think I'll use elastic ones for mine.

I think I'm only missing my blaster ... Oh, and I need to find what to use for padding the helmet.

I'm supposed to get my armor parts in the next days, I'm VERY excited :smiley-sw013:

Coming along good we need more TK's in the Forteresse!

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Edited by Tolo

I didn't receive my big brown box by mail yesterday  :(   I picked it up directly from Mark  :D   He took the time to unbox it with me and gave me tips on how to assemble it.  Thanks Mark !

VOVXww6.jpg  yHGSHwp.jpg

I began assembling the helmet and sanding / trimming a little bit the holes (it came already trimmed).

YipWKrZ.jpg  p5lcSIB.jpg

uFrOtSD.jpg

So ... I'll presume a couple of you will receive their AP kit very soon, since he finished to prepare / trim the orders  :)

Oh, and I also got an almost 2k$ bill for my car just after, I bumped in a nasty hole on the highway after getting the kit and it broke a couple of parts   :6: