MTK - the great build

Finally got my MTK armor. Here's the first set of pics. Going to work slowly on this set. Take my time. Goal is to build ANH Centurion level. I still have to collect all the little details needed for this build too. One rule people have taught me and what I've read so far, is TO NOT BUILD THE HELMET first. Since it's my first time building. I'll go with that and work slow. I'll definitely be asking for a lot of critiquing from all of you. Thank you in advance!

post-21342-0-45257100-1411102163_thumb.jpg

post-21342-0-53229900-1411102164_thumb.jpg

post-21342-0-08615600-1411102165_thumb.jpg

Edited by DaygoErm

Nice! Congrats on your MTK and yes....take you time and research and ask questions with plenty of clear photos so that we can assist. :)

I took about 4 months to complete mine over weekends and evenings. Gluing tends to make it a slow process but reversible. What type of glue are you planning to use?

Nice! Congrats on your MTK and yes....take you time and research and ask questions with plenty of clear photos so that we can assist. :)

I took about 4 months to complete mine over weekends and evenings. Gluing tends to make it a slow process but reversible. What type of glue are you planning to use?

I'm going with E6000 so I can take my time.  Measure twice, and cut once.... 

Finally got my MTK armor. Here's the first set of pics. Going to work slowly on this set. Take my time. Goal is to build ANH Centurion level. I still have to collect all the little details needed for this build too. One rule people have taught me and what I've read so far, is TO NOT BUILD THE HELMET first. Since it's my first time building. I'll go with that and work slow. I'll definitely be asking for a lot of critiquing from all of you. Thank you in advance!

Congrats. Slow and steady wins the race. My MTK took about 6 months to do. Just waiting on approval now. However, I say DO THE HELMET FIRST!

Hey Ermer welcome aboard! I remember my day back in June when the photos looked like this. All sorts of emotions. Now put those emotions aside and get building!

Now I don't know how much research you have done but oddly enough the two guys who responded to your thread as well as myself have all built MTK kits recently and our build threads are a wealth of knowledge. Adam and Ian did amazing jobs on their MTKs and your in good hands.

I started with my shoulder bells, then forearms, then biceps and that got me comfortable cutting the plastic

Now good luck and we will be here for you.

Yeah Ian I want that kidney plate!

• 4 weeks later...

So finally got around to making armor.  My MTK armor won't be done till next year.  BUT I do have my "Kids armor" that I can play with and learn from when it comes to building armor.  So here's the start for today, and will continue as time allows it.  

2014-10-13212503.jpg2014-10-13214013.jpg2014-10-13214041.jpg2014-10-13214720.jpgDaddy.jpg

Edited by DaygoErm

• 2 weeks later...

I am so looking to do the same thing for my daughter, wife and myself!  I'm new at this and am still in research phase.  I can't wait until I know where to get the kid's armor, wife's armor and my armor from and then pull the trigger.  Good luck with your build. I'll keep an eye on your work.

• 2 years later...

You really need to try the armor on with an undersuit, it will change where it all sits. It does look like your thighs need to come up though.

Sometimes foam is needed in the shins to stop them hitting the thighs, you will find out once you are little further along.

Coming along well, keep up the good work

You really need to try the armor on with an undersuit, it will change where it all sits. It does look like your thighs need to come up though.

Sometimes foam is needed in the shins to stop them hitting the thighs, you will find out once you are little further along.

Coming along well, keep up the good work

Ok will do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk