Getting worried here (Ata)

When I first got on the list a few months ago I had determined it would be best for me. I'm starting to feel really worried now. I'm not sure it will fit properly. I was 250 then and have dropped to 232 as I write this but I'm not sure it'll fit me still even by the time I get it. I'm about 5'7. Not obese looking but I have a larger belly. Not too bad though about 42 inch waist and wear size 38 pants. Any experienced opinions. I also don't want the armor to make me look like an inflated trooper.

I do not personally own an ATA set, but I think that it will be too small around your waist and will not close fully without shims on the side.

That being said, it's not the end of the world, it isn't hard to add shims to the side and to make it look good with some trimming and working.

It's great that you are working on getting the weight down! Just keep it up and once you get your armor you will be able to fit into it no problem.

The thing about ATA is the kits have a long waitlist, and if you've already been there for a while, don't give up the spot.

If anything, you can just wait it out and resell the kit (for a few extra $$$ to cover the waiting time) once you get it to someone who doesn't want to wait the 8 months (or whatever the time is).

your gut'll stick out a little noticably but its not the end of the world, me at 200

10340352535_56fd49a56f_n.jpg

i use the industrial velcro and make large shims, stick the velcro wide, suck in the gut and use the torso to hold everything up via the velcro. just stand up straight and put your pelvis inward, itll straighten your stance and make things look better too

Hey Isaac.  You're weight is a little high compared to your height and I do not know how ATA fits.  I am very similar in size to you.  I am 5'8", I am 195lbs and have a 38 inch waist.  Take a look at my build thread here to see how well this armor fits me.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/27630-starsaber25s-mtk-anh-stunt-build/

I have MTK armor and I did not have to do any modifications to it whatsoever.  I am very happy with the fit of this armor.  It is geared toward the bigger trooper but is a TE2 derived armor, so it still looks very accurate.

However, like Derrek said don't get rid of your spot in that waiting list.  You would still get the ATA and I'm sure someone will certainly take if off of your hands if you choose to do so.  I couldn't imagine waiting 6-8 months for my armor to arrive.  The suspense would have killed me.

Isaac: I think you'll be fine. You may need to shim the sides of your armor but that's not that big a deal. Maybe ATA to include some extra plastic for shims so the color matches?

Are your calves wide too? You can also shim the back of them if need be. 

-Eric

Isaac: I think you'll be fine. You may need to shim the sides of your armor but that's not that big a deal. Maybe ATA to include some extra plastic for shims so the color matches?

Are your calves wide too? You can also shim the back of them if need be.

-Eric

Actually that's the funny part my legs have 0 fat on them and are muscular. Which is where I think some of my weight resides. My belly is only slightly bad but I still fit into size L shirts.

Edited by deadvision

• 2 months later...

Alright slight update here and thank everyone for their feedback. I've dropped my weight down to about 220. So I'm still working towards it. Hoping to get down to at least 210 by when my armor is here. Then I'll go into a power training mode when it's here to get down to a comfortable 200. I'm still a bit worried but I probably always will be until it's here and I'm wearing it.

The word from MTK himself is that his armor will fit up to a 36" waist without shimming. I have no confirmation of that but I believe him.

-Eric

Hey Isaac. You're weight is a little high compared to your height and I do not know how ATA fits. I am very similar in size to you. I am 5'8", I am 195lbs and have a 38 inch waist. Take a look at my build thread here to see how well this armor fits me.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/27630-starsaber25s-mtk-anh-stunt-build/

I have MTK armor and I did not have to do any modifications to it whatsoever. I am very happy with the fit of this armor. It is geared toward the bigger trooper but is a TE2 derived armor, so it still looks very accurate.

However, like Derrek said don't get rid of your spot in that waiting list. You would still get the ATA and I'm sure someone will certainly take if off of your hands if you choose to do so. I couldn't imagine waiting 6-8 months for my armor to arrive. The suspense would have killed me.

How long did MTK take to ship? I ordered mine last night.

How long did MTK take to ship? I ordered mine last night.

Hey Isaac congrats on the purchase, you will not regret this one.  I don't know what the situation is like between you and MTK right now.  I was emailed by him when he was about to do a run so I ordered and paid for mine on May 17th and then it was shipped on May 27th and it arrived June 3rd from California to New York.

So if he has kits ready to go then I'm sure you can expect it to take 5-7 days depending on where you live.  If he is making a run then you will have to wait longer.

So again congrats and this will be a very exciting time for you.  We will be here for you when you start.  Just remember to take a deep breath and take it slow in the beginning.  Once you make your first few cuts your anxiety will go down and you will cruise the rest of the way.

Hey Isaac congrats on the purchase, you will not regret this one. I don't know what the situation is like between you and MTK right now. I was emailed by him when he was about to do a run so I ordered and paid for mine on May 17th and then it was shipped on May 27th and it arrived June 3rd from California to New York.

So if he has kits ready to go then I'm sure you can expect it to take 5-7 days depending on where you live. If he is making a run then you will have to wait longer.

So again congrats and this will be a very exciting time for you. We will be here for you when you start. Just remember to take a deep breath and take it slow in the beginning. Once you make your first few cuts your anxiety will go down and you will cruise the rest of the way.

Thanks! I assume it was already available since I purchased off ebay. I'm hoping it will be here by xmas. I don't have any anxiety as I've already put together a tk lid and some mando mercs lids aswell. Can't wait. I'll email and ask the details.

I would have gone w MTK for my full kit had I known. They weren't on the vetted seller list, so I learned about them after paying the deposit on AM. The wait time would have been shorter w MTK and I've seen MTK built to centurion. AM can't do that.