The headset mic that I use and luff

I posted a while back about my favorite PTT solutions and totally forgot to mention the headset that I use.  I narrowed it down to two headsets. 

It was pretty good but still picked up a lot of feedback when I wanted to be loud. This mic was very comfortable and fits around the back of your head. I'm probably going to use this for my impending Vader because an over the head type may interfere with the hard hat liner in my Vader bucket. I've never used the strap thingy. 

Next I tried and loved this unit I found on Amazon

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working
  • Like 1

Awesome timing! I've been searching one of these out because I'm tired of trying to stick my mic to my bucket on the Velcro patch and hoping it winds up in the right spot.

Thanks!!

Thanks for the info - been looking to try a new mic.

I don't know how this one tastes compared to yours. That could be an issue for you.

-Eric

I don't know how this one tastes compared to yours. That could be an issue for you.

-Eric

Bwahaha agreed. It will have to pass the tongue/taste test as well. I'll be sure to keep you posted.

What about the throat mics? Are they worth buying?

I've never used one but I think people have had some luck with them.

If you click on the gear next to the search box for advance search then enter "throat" but change "Search title and content" to "only search titles" you'll find posts about throat mics.

-Eric

• Like 1

Throat mics are cool, and they eliminate feedback; however, they do require wiring mods and tend to creak when your throat makes involuntary noises.  It's not a big deal, but it's there.

• 7 months later...

After C7 I'd definitely say the Amazon mic works much better than the Radio Shack one with all that weird feedback you were getting in your Vader.