HWT Pouches

I got a question... I have found a nice set of MP-38/MP-40 pouches but they are made of green canvas. Is it possible to paint them black and still look good?
And if yes, what kind of paint would be recommended?

These are the pouches im interested in:

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

There's a few threads on MEPD about colouring pouches, they look like the ones so you should be good to go.

Edited by gmrhodes13

Most guys on MEPD rattle can those canvas pouches to make them black. 

Rolf's pouches:

------------

You can also buy pouches from this guy on MEPD who makes some pretty sweet ones.

Me? I like the look of a leather pouch on a HWT, but I admittedly have never played the game the HWT comes from. 

-Eric

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 1 month later...

I use regular fabric dye though I'm currently looking for something a bit stronger as the pouches still tend to fade lighter over time and something about rattle canning canvas just doesn't seem right, IMO. Also something worth noting, most canvas MP-40 pouch MFGs use nylon stitching which doesn't dye. I had to use a sharpie for that.

I would be interested in knowing if you find something stronger, something industrial that doesn't cost a arm or leg like convertible top dyes YIKES!

Edited by ukswrath

Follow up report. As stated above most at MEPD are rattle canning theirs. I'll try this on my new pouches when they arrive, compare them to the ones I dyed a couple months ago and report back. 

Edited by ukswrath