Anyone own a RS Prop Masters Suit?

Hi Tyler,

I bought an RS Props PVC kit. I wanted to go the traditional route and buy the ABS but I plan on using my armor for events and thought the PVC will hold up better plus it is a lot whiter. I can't say yet that it was the better choice for durability since I am not yet done building it but will put it to the test soon.

If I were to buy one for display, I would go with ABS for sure like the originals.

The PVC is nice and has a beautiful white glow to it. It didn't crack on me when under stress but it does sometimes leave a permanent white bend line that is irreversible.

I don't think you can go wrong with either choice. Stick with ABS if you are keen to keep it original.

Edited by Bulldog44

I went for the PVC too. Loads of folks I know have ABS amour and they withstand trooping as well so I wouldn't say PVC is just for trooping.

However, if you choose to order a kit and assemble armour yourself and it is your first time, I suggest going for PVC as it is a lot mroe newbie friendly and forgiving to mistakes. It's also softter and mroe flexible.

I went for PVC for pretty much the same reasons.

Great white glossy look to it, and Much more forgiving on the poor technique and inexperience of my talents!

Looks great now it's finished, And it lives on a mannequin most of the time.

Keep On Keeping On.

Hey, bringing this up again.... the PVC armor, is anyone elses REALLY thick?

I picked up a partly build set of RS PVC and it's thick, like 2mm and heavy. I would be scared to put the wire brackets on it because it's so thick and inflexible.

I saw a PVC suit a few years back and it was pretty thin, comparable with a 1.5mm suit, so I was very surprised when I got this one with the thickness and solidness of the armor pieces.

Can anyone else confirm?

Hey, bringing this up again.... the PVC armor, is anyone elses REALLY thick?

I picked up a partly build set of RS PVC and it's thick, like 2mm and heavy. I would be scared to put the wire brackets on it because it's so thick and inflexible.

I saw a PVC suit a few years back and it was pretty thin, comparable with a 1.5mm suit, so I was very surprised when I got this one with the thickness and solidness of the armor pieces.

Can anyone else confirm?

I received my RS PVC kit in 2012 and I must say I was surprised at how thin most of the parts came. But when I ordered extra parts in recent months, they do seem much thicker in comparison. Maybe they changed things since then. Edited by Bulldog44

I think they must have.

This suit is from earlier this year I believe it every single piece is at least 2mm thick.

Based on how I see this current suit, I would not recommend PVC to anyone. You might as well go 2mm Acryllic capped ABS, it's lighter and just a shiney, but it is more flexible. this PVC is... meh.

I don't know what gauge they are using, but I handled an RS PVC suit last year and it felt like my 2mm acrylic capped ABS which is far too rigid to use he original strapping system on. I own a 1mm PVC suit that I made about 5 years ago and it is more rigid than my current 1.5mm ABS suit. While the PVC will flex to the extremes, it takes much more pressure to flex it compared to ABS.

I don't know what gauge they are using, but I handled an RS PVC suit last year and it felt like my 2mm acrylic capped ABS which is far too rigid to use he original strapping system on. I own a 1mm PVC suit that I made about 5 years ago and it is more rigid than my current 1.5mm ABS suit. While the PVC will flex to the extremes, it takes much more pressure to flex it compared to ABS.

Paul, I completely agree with you, this new suit material isn't very nice at all.

The first PVC suit I saw a few years ago was like 1 or 1.5mm and seemed the same flexibility as the 1.5mm suits from you I have worked with. This new one.. meh, I'm not impressed at all.

I prefer the ABS for that accurate color and it can be plenty shiny with some Nov us and Imperial elbow grease .

I've never seen the PVC but I was told it was thinner, more flexible, whiter & shinier.

Once you find and repair your first armor crack with ABS cement and fiberglass cloth and it comes out stronger than before you will start to worry a lot less.

It's good to read so much feedback about the PVC RS. I was always curious about the road not traveled.

With all that said I would not trade my ABS RS suit for anything and if your heart is set on RS and it wilI fit your body well I don't think you can go wrong with either choice of material.

I picked the RS ABS over because of preference for the color. If you've ever painted a kitchen or bathroom, you know there are a hundred different shades of white. The ABS has turned out to be a lot more durable than I thought it would be considering the lightness and thinness of the material. It bends and flexes in my hands and I have accidentally dropped pieces a number of times without incident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...