Red_2's NE ANH TK build ...

Well, Halloween was a successful troop (as opposed to last Halloween where it was considered successful, except armor wasn't finished and it pinched, cut, and poked me painfully the whole time).

I went ahead and submitted my app to the Star Garrison, and sent them some pics.

Some adjustments still to make here and there. Wanna raise the belt a tad. Add some foam

where there are some minor pressure points or looseness. I may still mod the butt a bit also. We'll see.

Really like how it's turned out so far. Can't wait to get my first official troop in.

Taking a break from the suit for now and working on my dday/phoenix props E-11. Lots of sanding lately.

bb0d6a64-b447-4cd5-87b8-68822c86c9a3_zps

0d041172-334d-40f6-8288-228a13116a1e_zps

5f18d066-18da-422e-9701-8a1bdbeda68c_zps

This is my Blair Witch pose. Looks like my neck seal bib is poking out a little on the left there.

45e094bf-5792-43a5-b2f4-0ad7da12488b_zps

49a0c1e5-2095-40fe-a568-382998c75273_zps

Edited by Red_2
  • Like 1

Thanks, Walter!

That rivet just goes through velcro the patch and the elastic strap.

That way I can adjust the thighs accordingly. It's 

been great to be able to move it around.

The reason it's not sewn on is because I used sticky back velcro

that I already had, and it was actually easier to rivet the four corners than

try and sew through that amazingly tacky adhesive. It actually

will ruin the sewing machine. Ask me how I know! :P

Loved your build thread also by the way, Walter! I remember reading through it earlier in the year.

That pic of you kneeling and firing takes the cake. Well done!

Edited by Red_2

TK42113 reporting for duty!

Phase 1 complete. Prepping for EIB here in the next week. Been working on my blaster

mostly, and made some more butt adjustments.

Extremely stoked to be officially part of the Legion. This may be the pinnacle of my geekdom ... for all things. 

This is sooo much fun!

f931f2db-f0cf-43bc-952d-e6148fed6b25_zps

• Like 1

Thanks, Germain! And again, thanks for all your help. (And thoughts with you and your countrymen. Hope your friends and family are safe.)

Definitely not the world record for fastest armor build. :D

Blaster is almost done! 

Edited by Red_2

• 2 weeks later...

Well, weekends have been pretty gloomy the past month here, so I tried to take

pictures for EIB in the living room today. I didn't like how the lighting came out.

But I had fun with the kids .... 

Since getting my TK number I've missed about half a dozen troops.

Looks like family time will still be in the way for the next couple years.

Time to get babysitters on deck. :)

Edited by Red_2
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Been busy with the holidays so no luck in taking EIB pics. And I missed amazing TFA opening troops. Sad day.

Started tinkering with the NE helmet a few weeks ago and then in the wee hours of Christmas eve night I couldn't sleep so I finished up the paint details at 2am. :)

The frown is a tad lower than I intended but the pre-cut ears ended up being kind of a pain so the frown is a result of some front and back repositioning to compensate for the right ear not fitting well. I sanded and trimmed to get a better fit but the most noticeable gap is the back of the right ear. This helmet is meant to be the toss around, "keep on the coffee table" lid so I'm not too worried about it.

Only differences with this build compared to my AP is I hand painted the rear trap vent lines and I went with pre-cut vinyl for the tube stripes out of convenience/speed. Need to order a plain ole acetate lens for the eyes.

Happy Holidays!

92b202d0-3e7d-4890-8347-a04656b90511_zps

c2e6f307-4708-4f2b-8bd7-b97a6ec233c5_zps

85ece2dd-e79d-4c90-9095-e2eda33cc562_zps

3ec2ba8e-716a-4a7c-b79d-e5831a5c6e49_zps

Post-build is in full swing. Extra parts up for sale. NE helmet finished. Blaster finished. TK number proudly received. Shopping for my rolling storage today. Thank you BIg Brown Box for bringing the joy and pain, and for being the build hub for almost 2 years.

Peace out, Box!  :salute:

IMG_5416_zpskdxfkpqd.jpg

• Like 1

Haha. I still have my TFA box with mounds of scrap trimmins. I should have rid myself of it a month or two ago. At this point I think it's only around for sedimentary value. As like you its time to say goodbye.

• Like 1