First Troop this Weekend

Naglium

After finishing my armor, and getting my TK#, I've decided to join the New England Garrison, as they march in Boston's St. Patrick's Day Parade on Sunday.

To make a long story short, do some of you veteran troopers have any advice for a novice? rain-x on helmet lense to prevent fogging? where to store my car keys and cell phone? things to avoid? things i should do?

The weather forecast says its going to be in the low 40's, with a 30% chance of rain. i've got cold weather underarmor, and insulated socks, but im worried about my head... will it get too hot in there? too cold in there? shoudl i put my fans in? should i wear a knit cap?

any other tid-bits of info from guys in the field?

thanks B)

I'm not sure about anyone else...but 40 degrees (w/ sun) is comfortable trooping weather... if you can I'd just rig some fans in the next couple of days....to help keep the lenses from fogging up... Can you get your hands on a quick pair of flat lenses...other than those fish eyes... (to put it MILDLY...they suck trooping).

Have you vented your frown.....for more ventilation...

If not... you'll still be fine. You're gonna be so overwhelmed with all of the ATTENTION your gonna be getting.

...and the most important thing. It's a learning experience. Dont' be surprised if you blow a thigh or pop a shoulder piece in the middle of the parade... Just learn from your experience(s) and make corrections for the next troop. We've all been there... remember SNAPS are friends...

Pack some extra supplies in your tub...just in case. Be prepared... whatever happens is totally repairable. Watch your O2 cannister...they make great memorabilia pieces for those little criminals... Watch who you let hold your blaster...for the same reason...

Take something to hand out - go to the party store....get some green items/temp tattoos etc...

We're doing the Denver Parade Saturday... I think I heard the snow word earlier this week....ugh.

Like it was already said... Have FUN on your first troop... they get better and better each time out...

...Now suit up trooper....you're on patrol.

Low 40's is not bad for trooping minus the rain. I'd troop in low 50's and was comfortable, no fogging until the sun came out and it got warmer in the day. You got the right cold gear, highly doubt it'll get that hot in your bucket unless there's direct sunlight.

So long as you have fans, you'll be fine. I have two fans in my AP, and it does the trick. Also if you used foam or straps in your bucket determines how hot it gets, foam will be warmer.

I never tried rain-X on my lens, only used it on my car windsheild. I know there are prescription eye glass wipes that prevent fogging you may try. I saw them at Walgreens, haven't thought of using it until now.

I always sweat wearing underarmor in whatever temp. Just bring an extra set of clothes(sweatshirt) to change after trooping and a deoderant ;) Have fun!

Well everyone has listed what I was going to say. That being said, have a fun troop! You are going to have so much fun! :):trooper:

Well everyone has listed what I was going to say. That being said, have a fun troop! You are going to have so much fun! :):trooper:

The Midwest Garrison is trooping in a parade in Wisconsin this weekend too and it will be my first troop as well.

Good luck to both of us!! :o

I (sorta) made the paper!!!

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachus...ade_031608?pg=2

look over darth's left shoulder, 3rd trooper back. blue pauldron on troopers right shoulder, green and black scarf over trooper's left shoulder.... thats me!!!

more pics can be seen at the New England Garrison's website... http://www.501neg.com/photos/thumbnails.php?album=857

now i've been officialy bitten by the trooping bug.. i wanna do it again!!!!

thanks to everyone at the NEG and FISD for assisting me to become the TK i am today!!!

Rock on trooper! Very sweet first troop. Did you have any armor malfunctions or raw spots? I know I did my first parade. It was my third troop- the starlight parade. Six miles up and down hill, in armor. I was bleeding pretty badly by the time I got back to the car. My third Starlight parade will be coming up in a couple months. Now it's a breeze.

hehehe... famous.... i promise i wont let i get to my head...

yeah i had some rough spots, some pinching... i def need to work on a few areas... left shin, cod piece, biceps, shoulder bells...

but it was still fun!!! (and cold!!)

....and i love my new banner!!

Hey Gordon, I love that banner too! You are one lucky son of a gun. My first troop was a parade too, but I never got such a cool pic!

That YouTube clip was pretty special too... the announcer actually admitted being excited about seeing us instead of dissing us... Wow!