To anyone who's had a suit built for them

dknight22

I want to have a suit made for me, but I'm worried it won't fit right or I won't be able to move. I've measured myself to the skin, no slack, with limbs straight. I also measured my biceps fully flexed. Should I measure differently? Or should I just forget it and build the thing myself haha?

It's a bit hit and miss but if the person building it for you either knows sizing or is around your frame size you should be ok. I've known 3 troopers here that ordered complete suits, two fitted nicely and one needed to get some mods done.

Good luck, hope all works out well

I would at least have the undersuit on, then take your measurements with it on. When you put the armor on, you will have to have the undersuit on anyways. It will help the builder trim the armor more accurately.

Trimming and fitting the armor is a long, but very fun and very rewarding process. I highly recommend doing it yourself :)

• Like 1

building armor is simple if you've built 10 or more.  measurements and photos from the side front and back

wearing the undersuit are critical to determining the shape of a person's body

is important to look good. and a builder always has challenges

most builders like me get it right after a few things

belts or strapping lengths usually are all that's needed to change.

• Like 1

You will kick yourself in the butt later if you don't build it yourself!

It's a point of pride to have built your own armor. Do your research, look into techniques, ask questions, and get your hands dirty! :)

You will kick yourself in the butt later if you don't build it yourself!

It's a point of pride to have built your own armor. Do your research, look into techniques, ask questions, and get your hands dirty! :)

Amen!!!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

I want to have a suit made for me, but I'm worried it won't fit right or I won't be able to move. I've measured myself to the skin, no slack, with limbs straight. I also measured my biceps fully flexed. Should I measure differently? Or should I just forget it and build the thing myself haha?

It really comes down to the builder.

As others have said, measurements wearing the undersuit are the best.

I've build 3 suits for others based on measurements (not in person) and all 3 suits have fit well. As long as your body is within a normal size range it's pretty easy.

I say give it a go yourself so many advantages, like pride that you built a Stormtrooper and you will get a better understanding of the suit when you need to make alterations and repaires ;), theres to many of the off the self Stormtroopers

which is good if you dont have the skills but I would push anyone to give it a go nothing better than saying I built that ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

I say give it a go yourself so many advantages, like pride that you built a Stormtrooper and you will get a better understanding of the suit when you need to make alterations and repaires ;), theres to many of the off the self Stormtroopers

which is good if you dont have the skills but I would push anyone to give it a go nothing better than saying I built that ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I completely agree. There is something about being able to say "I made this" that feels so good.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I built my TK with some help and instruction but mostly it was just me and I am proud of it, my DT and TD were both built for someone else and took a lot of work to get them to fit me, but I chose that option becuase of the free price tag and they were made back in 99 and were collecting dust in a bin since the mid 00's, I would recommend doing the work for yourself and as everyone has already stated "I made this" feels great and also you are the one who will be wearing it, you know your body... after doing the research in this site, take the pieces up against the screen shots and tutorials and then look how they go on your body even before you cut or trim anything, I wish I would have before doing the work, my armor might have fit better initially... I could hardly walk my first troop in it. now I can power walk, (I mean I was matching speed with one of our Vader's and actually accidentally stepped on his cape, he was fine though) go up and down stairs (slowly and I do not like doing so, going down is easier then up).