New Official E-11 blaster

It looks like they might be available on September 20th-ish according to this site: http://www.buycostumes.com/p/806754/star-wars-rebels-stormtrooper-blaster

Grab a couple of these $13 blasters, paint 'em black and you won't feel any remorse if the kids drop them on a troop. ;) Thanks for the heads up!

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone.  If you are looking for a little more pictures of this blaster I got them for you.  I did my awesome trooping ready mods to it already.

Before:

IMG_9729.jpg

Afters:

IMG_9730.jpg

IMG_9731.jpg

IMG_9732.jpg

IMG_9733.jpg

Yeah so basically mods meaning I painted it black and left the orange tip :duim:

Would have killed for this as a kid. All I had coming up was that awful kenner and even at 9 years old I wondered why the folding stock was missing. Toys just keep getting better and better.

Okay, I just got my Rubies in (I never thought I would say that LOL). Here it is compared to a Doopydoos resin and a Doopydoos Hasbro conversion. I put rulers along the edge so you can see where lens distortion play a factor.

IMG_3563_zps0b89ecbd.jpg

Hmm what do you think :

I ordered one and was thinking of adding 1" in front and behind the scope, to the pipe. And adding an alum rail and reassemble the scope to the new rail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm what do you think :

I ordered one and was thinking of adding 1" in front and behind the scope, to the pipe. And adding an alum rail and reassemble the scope to the new rail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's about 1/2" short in the "pipe" behind the handle. The bulk of the size difference is to the front of the trigger. It'd be tricky to add much on there without altering the proportions (the barrel "vents" and T-tracks get in the way). Frankly, I wouldn't put THAT much work into it. I think I will take the blasters apart and glue the seam together. It divides the gun in half and the seam can be sloppy in parts. I'll try to fill the worst of the gaps. Besides that, I will fill in holes and grind off the text behind the hengstler before painting. 

No problem on the comparisons Morten. :)

I dismantled one of my Rubies to see what I'm dealing with. As you can imagine, the blaster is pretty simple as it is only made up of four pieces total: the right and left sides, the counter and the magazine assembly. These are all held together with tiny phillips head screws, with the exception of the magazine assembly. It has been glued/plastic welded in place. Before taking apart the blaster, the counter rattled pretty bad. Upon opening it, I was able to tighten the 2 screws holding it in place to stop it from moving. It is unfortunate that there is no trigger movement and a little disappointing that there are no simple pew pew sounds like the Rubies DL-44's. It really is a bare bones blaster.

IMG_3565_zps2c471f2c.jpg

I'm considering drilling out  the barrel vent holes, but wonder if it's worthwhile. I am also considering shaving down the T-tracks for a more realistic appearance. The only drawback to that is there are small alignment ridges where the two halves meet. If I were to cut it down, I'd need to use some putty to fill the void. Finally, there are no cylinders on the magazine housing. Hmm, should I make some or just let it be? In any case, I think I'll use some gap filling crazy glue along the whole seam of the blaster as the eight main screws don't pull it uniformly together.

IMG_3564_zpsea5e5ead.jpg

• Like 1

heh awesome. I recently saw one in person at a blast a trooper event we did at NYCC. As we all can already see, they arent half bad. Im likely going to get one for troops with LOTS of kids and/or events where theres a chance they may take it away. Its a great lightweight and inexpensive alternative! I never thought id EVER say this but, Good job Rubies! lol

• Like 1