Jes Gistang [KWDesigns] Build in Georgia

Final fitting.  Used E6000 on the shoulder straps in case I needed to move them some.  I think they'll be set - her first troop will be in one week!

shanFemTrooper.jpg

• Like 1

Assembly complete.  Got Kev's suggested boots on order (Shannon hates the flat soles of the current boot).

Had her walk around in the completed armor for a little while and made some adjustments with the dremel and sandpaper.  I *think* we have taken care of the armor bite issues.

Her first troop will be this Sunday at the Atlanta Zoo.  She is insanely excited!  I can't wait to see the reaction of the crowds.

0847382f-55ae-45ca-a7d7-d085330c9a04.png

Appreciate it.

I'll paint it gray if that's what the CRL ends up being.  But if they're nitpicking based on the comics, in every panel showing Jes' TD, the tube is white.

With the news of the armor being approved with some minor modifications, we ordered the replacement back.

But today, a small box showed up. Wifey was excited (and loved the tee).

IMG_3287.png

This kit goes together like any other TK lid... with one HUGE exception. This kit is pulled so beautifully that the cut lines are very evident. I trimmed with scissors up to the line and then used a dremel to hone the edge to the pull lines. The ears, of course, take a tiny bit of adjustment, but they're pretty accurate to the cut lines.

IMG_3279.jpg

The amazing part is how well everything lines up to the marked drill holes. I measured twice, and sure enough, the mark from the ears went right into the indented area on the helmet.

IMG_3281.jpg

My only complaint is the rubber that comes with the kit leaves marks on the armor *very* easily. Will have to remember to keep the Novus in the crate. It's a pretty bucket when it's done, though!

IMG_3286.jpg

• Like 3

Remember to paint the tube on the TD grey. Otherwise looking good :)

Latest word from my GML is that the tube does in fact need to be white, and not gray.

Helmet is finished. Went with the standard tube stripes from TrooperBay.

IMG_3381.jpg

IMG_3380.jpg

IMG_3379.jpg

IMG_3378.jpg

IMG_3382.jpg

Liner is a Vega motorcycle helmet replacement pads from Amazon for $8.54, sized small. I use the cheek pads in my bucket, but this one is much smaller than the standard TK bucket, and I actually had to place a piece of foam above the lens to push the helmet forward on Shannon's face - otherwise her eyelashes were hitting the lens.

I'm planning on covering the exposed screws with a small piece of foam.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008PQPILW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just awaiting the comic-style back plate to resubmit.

Latest word from my GML is that the tube does in fact need to be white, and not gray.

Yeah I heard. I think it came the day after I told you to paint yours grey :P

Comic style backplate installed. Will be taking photos to resubmit in the next couple days. Shannon's excited to get her TK number :)

IMG_3409.jpg

Edit: I used E6000 on the backplate. You know, just in case :P

Edited by bzb

Updated for submission. Comic backplate is attached, helmet is complete.

IMG_8242.jpg

IMG_8243.jpg

Closeup of TD and Comic-style Backplate

IMG_8245.jpg

IMG_8246.jpg

IMG_8248.jpg

IMG_8256.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone. TK-30305 is now reporting for duty, and is super excited to do some charity troops :)

First major troop: Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Christmas Parade next weekend. Should be a blast!

• Like 2

Helmet is finished. Went with the standard tube stripes from TrooperBay.

IMG_3381.jpg

IMG_3380.jpg

IMG_3379.jpg

IMG_3378.jpg

IMG_3382.jpg

Liner is a Vega motorcycle helmet replacement pads from Amazon for $8.54, sized small. I use the cheek pads in my bucket, but this one is much smaller than the standard TK bucket, and I actually had to place a piece of foam above the lens to push the helmet forward on Shannon's face - otherwise her eyelashes were hitting the lens.

I'm planning on covering the exposed screws with a small piece of foam.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008PQPILW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just awaiting the comic-style back plate to resubmit.

Is the gray paint the same as a TK??

(Testors No. 1138 Gray, or HUMBROL PAINT NUMBER 5

DARK ADMIRAL GREY GLOSS Enamel -Ab buttons, Frown)

It looked a little darker, so just wanted to check.  
Thx!!