Jancelot's ANH TD Build (TM)

Have a build thread over on MEPD.  But I thought I'd post over here as well for some more eyeballs.  Will be a fairly lightweight thread.  I'm already at the full test fit.  Cheers!

A few tweaks to make here an there but nothing critically out of alignment.  What do you all think?

Weathering supplies are on the way and will commence this weekend!

IMG_5520_zps12d57c4e.jpg

IMG_5508_zps56a8da7a.jpg

IMG_5515_zpse6525bf9.jpg

IMG_5510_zps8329c927.jpg

IMG_5512_zpsac9b4f32.jpg

Haha, well all troopers really are Stormtroopers variants.  The original Snowtrooper figure was labeled Imperial Stormtrooper (Hoth Battle Gear) figure.  However, the Biker Scout was explicitly labeled as such and not Stormtrooper (Endor Scout Gear).  But one could assume "Sandtroopers" were probably clean prior to deployment.  But where's the fun in that? :P

I do like the look of the AP kit even if it lacks the finer details in the TM and RS kits.  It's biggest limitation for me is the size.  At 6 feet and 180 pounds I had to really stretch the limits of the fit.  Even now I find myself every so slightly hunching down when wearing it.  I also had to shim the sides.  While I don't rock 6-pack abs, I am of proportionate size in the gut.  

The TM fits me like a glove and is much more comfortable all around.  I was amazed at how much more room I have to stretch and move.  So, yes, I am planning to replace my AP TK with a TM.  In fact I've already contacted Paul about timing.  You can look for an AP with Centurion potential up for sale soon. :)

SWESB41ImpStormTrp130929Large-1_zps54008

• 11 months later...

Progress was halted due to some renovations.  But I'm now back on it.   Also, I'm ordered another TM kit to replace my AP.  In progress as well. 

Weathering in-progress:

IMG_6027%20Medium_zpsrjwu4w30.jpg

IMG_6025%20Medium_zps3y1uqbwp.jpg

IMG_6024%20Medium_zpsti0wnxii.jpg

IMG_6030%20Medium_zpsa4v3zqup.jpg

• Like 1

Basing it on the roadblock v2 Sergeant (shouldn't have the hip pouches).  Initial goal is all SWAT details minus the specific weathering and pouch/gun combo.  I like personalizing my weathering while adhering closely to the screen look.  Also, I have several guns I want to swap out on troops. :)  But I do plan on opening a SWAT thread once I have PO status.

post-2894-0-79726500-1377464577.jpg

Edited by Jancelot

Very cool! I hear you about wanting to go your own route with the weathering. No shame in that IMO. I am going to do my best for SWAT but the rules change every week so who knows if I'll make the cut. Still have a long ways to go on my end. 

• 3 months later...

Approved!  I have a few more tweaks to complete for Police Officer status (including adding the front scope to my RT-97C).  I learned quite a bit on this build.  It was like 3 suits in one for me with the backpack and weathering (reworked it 4 times until I achieved the desired look, whew).

IMG_6304%20Large_zps65kix09i.jpg

IMG_6279%20Medium_zpsp6oqidio.jpg

• Like 1