Hello from Southern California

Hey folks,

I've been lurking around the boards for a couple of weeks now, so I figured it's time I introduce myself. :)  I'm a diehard fan of Star Wars and I've wanted to put together a set of Stormtrooper armor for the longest.  Last year I made a huge commitment to being healthy, and after about 40 pounds lost and working out regularly, I'm feel like this is a great time to take the plunge and get going.

I've been looking into the different armors and whatnot, and I think I'm going to go with ATA armor.  I'll shoot out an email to the contact point and start that ball rolling.  Fortunately, I found someone at work who is a member of the 501st and actually has a set of shadow trooper armor.  He's been super helpful in getting me started, but I'm sure I'm still going to need a lot of help, so I'll be posting here as well.   :)  While I've never built any type of armor of any kind, I do have some crafting experience so the tools aren't foreign to me.  That being said, if there are any ideas one could recommend in terms of practice (cutting, sanding on ABS) while I wait to get my armor, that would be awesome.  

Thanks!

Hi Carlos,

Welcome to FISD.  Make sure to join the southerncaliforniagarrison.com forums if you haven't yet.  Lots of enthusiastic and helpful members available with any questions you have.

Congrats on your achievement, Carlos!! There is nothing that comes close to showing off that new beach body than to cover it up with white armor!!!! Hahahahahahaha!!!muhahaha!

Welcome to your new home, Sir!

Start a blaster kit!! And welcome!! DVH, Doopys, pipe build, etc. This will get you into your tools and keep your mind busy while you research and wait!! Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the idea, I think I'll do that!  Started looking up blaster kits this morning after seeing your post. :)

Congrats on your achievement, Carlos!! There is nothing that comes close to showing off that new beach body than to cover it up with white armor!!!! Hahahahahahaha!!!muhahaha!

Welcome to your new home, Sir!

Ha!  I suppose I would be hiding under armor.. but at least it's wicked cool looking armor!

Thanks for all the welcomes here.. looking forward to getting started