Putting on leg armor/boots?

Hey, I've heard that to put on armor yourself you have to put on your thighs, then boots, then shins. But the problem i run into is when i'm wearing my thigh armor i can't really bend my leg enough to reach the boots and get them on my feet. If I try the boots first I can't fit them through the thighs. How do you all do it?

Ha Christian, we are pretty much at the same spot here in our journey.Ā  I finally did my first test run with all of my armor pieces and let me say that my wife was just sitting there laughing at me!Ā  She wanted to know how I'm ever going to keep on doing this.Ā  So unfortunately I had to do my test run without my boots :blink: .Ā 

Ā 

So I'm glad I ran into this thread this morning because I think Dennis brought up a great idea and I'll have to try that.

Ā 

Man this whole journey is not easy for sure.Ā  I didn't think that one of the hardest parts was actually just putting the armor on!

Once I get my thighs on I slip my foot into a boot while it is on the floor and kinda lift it toward my hand. I then grab the loop on the back of my TK boot and pull it on. It's a slight flamingo maneuver but I don't need to raise it all the way.

Ā 

-Eric

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i have straps at the bottom of the shins to slip under my feet to keep them from popping out over the boot when walking. so i cant put on the shins last. i put on thighs, the shins, slip on the boots and put the shins over the boots

Edited by Stormy1992

I sit down and put my legs through my thighs and not go past my knees.. Then I put on my boots. Then stand and pull my thighs up as high as possible. Put my foot on the chair and put on the shins. Proceed from there.

Yup, pretty much what I do too. If your suit is dialed in correctly, you should be able to suit up in about 5 minutes unassisted.

Yup, pretty much what I do too. If your suit is dialed in correctly, you should be able to suit up in about 5 minutes unassisted.

My thighs are velcro in back. so it's much easier to wear them. I have my boots on when suiting up undersuit, boots and neckseal on first then

armor.

I sit down and put my legs through my thighs and not go past my knees.. Then I put on my boots. Then stand and pull my thighs up as high as possible. Put my foot on the chair and put on the shins. Proceed from there.

+1

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

I'm getting there... Got into it in about ten minutes tonight, completely unassisted - to include emplacing my TD!

Ā 

Ā 

This worked like a charm!Ā  I had no issue getting on my whole set of armor using this method.Ā  Thanks Dennis.Ā  Did this work for you Christian?

I have only recently mastered Darth Aloha's Flamingo technique of getting the boots on after the thighs Lol, my wife thinks I'm halarious.

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk