Making FX Armor 501st Approvable?

Hey Guys.  I was wondering if somebody could point me in the right direction.  My friend has an FX stormtrooper.  He hasn't trooped in three years.  And because of that, he's considered retired from the 501st membership.  He wants to get active again, but now he's TK doesn't meet the CRL requirement.  Is it possible to modify his existing costume to bring it back up to 501st standards?  And if so, can you direct me to the link or mod page, so I figure out how to get this project started?

The short list to replace (I think):

Helmet

Belt

Holster

Ab buttons

And cut the kidney and butt plate to make two parts.

Did I miss anything from the CRL?

-Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, you got it spot on. From the neck down, it should take about $50 and a few hours of work. At least, that's how we designed it to be, so that there really was no excuse from any FX trooper from going EI.

The helmet though has to be replaced in toto.

Also, for many older kits it was normal to rivet the shoulder bridges to the chest/back. If you've done this, you need to drill out the rivets and replace the shoulder bridges.

No, you got it spot on. From the neck down, it should take about $50 and a few hours of work. At least, that's how we designed it to be, so that there really was no excuse from any FX trooper from going EI.

The helmet though has to be replaced in toto.

Also, for many older kits it was normal to rivet the shoulder bridges to the chest/back. If you've done this, you need to drill out the rivets and replace the shoulder bridges.

For basic approval (the OP's question) grody rivets are allowable. Sadly.

But like Paul said... If you're redoing an FX anyways... Why not go EIB :)

-Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 years later...