TK-31870 requesting Centurion Status[RS][135]

teet

TK-31870 requesting Centurion Status for my first armor.

My IEB application photos can be viewed here: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/28395-tk-31870-requesting-anh-stunt-eib-statusrs406/

For this request I've painted several buttons and tapered the ends of my frown (helmet).

Stats:

Armor = RS Props masters

Helmet= RS Props masters
Blaster= E-11 (DoopyDoos + extra added material)

Optional
Height = 1.84m
Weight = 75kg
Boots = Saxon
Canvas belt = RS Props masters
Hand Plates = Latex
Electronics= iComm Voicebooster
Neck Seal = RS Props masters
Holster = RS Props masters

Armor Photos

Full Body Front
IMG_4594.jpg

Full Body Back
IMG_4596.jpg

Full Right
IMG_4603.jpg

Full Left
IMG_4597.jpg

Right Side Detail
IMG_4603d.jpg

Left Site Detail
IMG_4597d.jpg

Armor Detail Photos

Ab/Kidney Attachement – Button Orientation

Right

IMG_7389.jpg

Left

IMG_7392.jpg

Butt Kidney - Fixed: Yes

IMG_7381.jpg

Hand plates

IMG_7386.jpg

Schoulder Bridge Back

IMG_7379.JPG

Shoulder Bridge Front

IMG_7378.JPG

Back/Chest Connection

IMG_7377.jpg

Thigh Pack Attachment

IMG_7369.JPG

IMG_7370.jpg

Knee Plate

IMG_7371.jpg

IMG_7373.jpg

Drop Box Back

IMG_7367.jpg

Cod and But Plate - Attachment Cod and Bud plate

IMG_4611.jpg

Helmet Detail Photos

Front

IMG_7355.jpg

Left

IMG_7356.jpg

Right

IMG_7357.jpg

Back

IMG_7358.jpg

Hovi Tip Detail

IMG_8453d.jpg

Lens Color

IMG_7359.jpg

S-Trim

IMG_7360.jpg

Blaster Detail Photos

Left

IMG_7361.JPG

Right

IMG_7362.JPG

D-Ring

IMG_7363.JPG

Accessory Detail Photos

Neck Seal

IMG_7364.jpg

Thermal Detonator - Back

IMG_7366.JPG

Holster Attachement

holster-attachment.jpg

Action

IMG_4615.jpg

Thanks in advance: I'll keep my fingers crossed again!  :)

Greetings, Thiërry Tetenburg

I've just noticed you used pop rivets to fasten the thigh ammo belt to you right thigh. Unfortunately those aren't allowed for Centurion and they will have to be changed for solid domed rivets. The best would be CAP rivets with a 7mm head, but if you still have some, you can also use split rivets (the same used on the left side).

Or maybe you could fill the little dimple of the pop-rivet head with some epoxy and then repaint it white. You'll need to wait for Steve's word if it effectively could be a solution.

ps. for those who are wondering about TK-31870's name....In English it is pronounced: 'Tate'

It is a pun on his last name... it has nothing to do with any part of the body... 

And you don't have to thank me for bringing this up...it was my pleasure!  :laugh1:

Edited by roguewedge

First, I'm insisting to thank you for clarifying my name Twan, so no one will keep thinking I'm a breastfeeding TK!  :laugh1:

Second, @Germain: bonjour, I accidentally took a picture from the wrong side of my ammobelt.

Is this the current way as you mentioned in your comment? Or do you mean something totally different?

IMG_7395.jpg

Edited by teet

Ah I see what you mean Germain: yes, thats true, this must be solid dome.

I have adapted this straightaway to a 7mm solid dome (I adapted this on both sides): is this better?

IMG_7396.jpg

Very good!! It was going to be noticed and you would have been ask to address it, so it's good thing to have done it before Steve reviews your application :)

On a side note, i see you got some overlap on the sides when you have your armor on. RS armor comes with some flash (extra ABS) on the flank junctions that i don't feel you actually need and that you could shave off. However it might require to make some adjustments regarding the length of the straps if you do it. 

img_7311.jpg

True: my armor has a little extra 'flesh' on the flanks, but I actually would like to keep it this way if that is possible:

since I'm quite slim and gaining weight as time goes by ( :) ), its good to have some extra 'flesh', so my armor will also fit like a glove in the future!

And the extra flanks can easily been shuffed behind the other part as you can see on my full left and right picture.

I guess I'll wait for Steve's verdict on this comment...

(thanks for noticing anyway!)

there should be no return edges on your wrist, but I think you already took care of that.

ps. who are you all kidding? Random Access Memories is the fruitation of what Daft Punk has evolved into over past past few decades. Name me 1 track that is not close to perfect. 

Teet, do me one favor before I fully review this, you are missing a shot of your wrist openings of your forearms. It's a required CRL point that needs a pic to be proven. Thank you.

Sorry Steve, I must have forgotten that one in all my excitement.

Here it is: there are no return edges on my forearms...

IMG_7404.jpg

Alright, Teet, thanks for that pic and thanks for the clarification on how to pronounce your name. Truthfully, I never even thought about the "milk delivery system" until now. Thank you, Twan ;)

Anyway, thank you for your Centurion application. Making this Legion a better looking place is what we are all about. You did a wonderful job on the construction of your suit. I assume the you built this because of the adjustment at the top of your right thigh. Nice work. I like to see this fixed.

Anyway, Let's look at your armor more closely. Keep in mind that Centurion photos look at your armor in greater detail than EIB. Items may come up here that did not in EIB. 

CRL and Centurion Application Requirements:

All required submission photos have been posted. This is so close I can taste it. A couple minor adjustments and 1 clarification and you are there.

First is the thigh pack attachment on your right thigh. Germain had brought up correctly the fact that a pop rivet was used on the installation of this. A solid head rivet, either split (or preferably) a cap rivet like thispost-12041-0-08304400-1409754839_thumb.jpg post-12041-0-90750600-1409754871_thumb.jpg should be used. The rivet in your latest picture looks really flat and almost plastic. Can you post a pic or tow showing this attachment in greater detail?

The next item is your side seams. I have read all the comments in regards to this. I have personally built several RS suits and for this reason, I specifically request RS NOT to install any hardare on the AB plate until I fit it to the owner. You, Teet, are currently 1. 84M tall and 75 KG. I have built an RS suit for a trooper EXACTLY your height and 86 KG without the extra material on the sides. I am aware that everyone carries their weight differently. But you have so much overlap on your sides, it will take quite some time for you to blow out the sides. But this decision is more about the proper location of the ab hardware in its relation to the center seam. img_7311.jpgpost-12041-0-06996500-1409755588_thumb.jpgpost-12041-0-29989500-1409755599_thumb.jpg

There is no comparison to the exceptional look when these halves are properly aligned. Your fit and look will improve as well. I am in no way saying that your armor's look is poor. But you will see how much it will improve when it is properly fit to your midsection. Thanks for the pic, Germain....saved me a little work.

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly: 

The only thing that I would have to suggest here is the possibility of taking in your left thigh a little at the top. Around your knee area, both are a perfect fit. If you took that left one in at the top, your mobility would improve as well as balance the overall look of your armor. I would not suggest this if there was just a fingers worth of extra space in your thigh. This would be called "comfort" and your right thigh is an example of this. The room in your left seems excessive. post-12041-0-12782200-1409756605_thumb.jpg

Is is always a pleasure to see a nicely built set of RS your included. I can't wait to stamp Centurion on yours!!

Thanks for your advice Steve: and adjustment on both flanks it will be!  :)

(Germain, thanks again for notifying this in such an early status)

About your thigh-comment: on Twan's (TK-12435) advice I was already planned to wear braces on my belt (which carries both thigh-attachments) so they won't slip down no more.

As soon as I've adapted both flanks I'll post a new message for your approval.

For now: Twan, can you please help me, since you've shaved your flanks successfully and centurion worthy???  :blink:

Edited by teet

Sorry Twan, I couldn't wait for your advice no more...

@Steve: I just measured the extra fleshy parts and took the scissors... and here we went:

IMG_7405.jpg

IMG_7406.jpg

IMG_7407.jpg

IMG_7408.jpg

Here's a detail of my pack attachment button...

IMG_7409.jpg

Is all approved like this and centurion worthy?  :)

Cheeers!!!

Edited by teet

Your male (right) side rivet is MUCH closer to where it needs to be. Your rivet (left) side is now balanced. I can't wait to hear when you tried this on and saw both how much better it will feel and how much sleeker it looks. You thigh pack attachment is right on the money. Thank you so much for sticking with this! Your hard work paid off. Your armor thanks you and I can finally congratulate and welcome you to Centurion!!!!