Original trooper boots

Cheers :)

Here's some real LFL boots and mine for comparison.

I think only my 13's are from the 70's and the 9's have the same colour interior as well, so maybe they could be older models too. The 8's and 10's might be from the 80's as the interiors are a lighter colour and the markings are similar too. Either way, they are all the same brand and model as John's originals and that's what counts :D

Edited by troopermaster

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Paul, I just noticed the top of the boot on your first pic has one row of stitches

Top of the boot on the rear ankle 'flap' lol

It also had a smooth elastic same as johns

Then your newer boot in the same area had 2 rows of stitching and the elastic looked different

Like you said, prob pugmans are pre 76, your newer larger boots, whilst the same shoe maybe revised post 76?

Still very cool :)

Edited by john danter

• 2 weeks later...

Your attitude stinks Paul. Call yourself the Master :rolleyes: and hoard information to elevate yourself into some kind of superior position, it's pathetic. Your new faceplate looks remarkably like the TE SFS helmet face by the way.... :rolleyes:

I think a run would be a good idea Vern.

Joe

Now Now Gents keep your lids on , i find searching for the info is a real buzz to do i was doing some today on the origanal ANH undersuites found a bit out in just one day so good living 15 miles from Elstree B) i think Paul has every right to keep it to his self if i had done all the research and then just told some body the awsenser wheres the exciteitment in that. oh well keep finding out new things great;)

Your attitude stinks Paul. Call yourself the Master :rolleyes: and hoard information to elevate yourself into some kind of superior position, it's pathetic. Your new faceplate looks remarkably like the TE SFS helmet face by the way.... :rolleyes:

I think a run would be a good idea Vern.

Joe

:lol:

Why do you feel I should give away something that I worked hard for years to get?

It's your attitude that stinks!

Who do you think you are taking things that don't belong to you and giving them away freely?

Let's see you give out all the info you have about your original ROTJ helmets. Give us the scans from the decals so we can make our own. Tell us the brand of the snaps on the chin straps. There are lots of things you could share but choose not to, so get off your high horse before I knock you off it!

This thread is about boots - not about recasting, archive photos, or anything else. Take things down a notch and keep it focused, or the "discussion" ends.

I have to agree with Joe on this one. Yes I am friends with Joe and I am some what biased but why should we not all share info. The fact that you Paul know the original make of boot, should that not be shared too? You didn't make them and I doubt you're gonna add cobbling as another of your talents. :rolleyes: What are you gaining or giving to the community by keeping it to yourself? What happened to Trooper helping Troopers.

There's no doubting your skills and eye for detail and you undoubtedly make the most accurate ANH armour out there but this lording over others is not necessary.

I for one would also be interested in seeing the sculpting process of the TM armour from a Modelmakers point of view. I'm not saying or accusing anyone of recasting, that's not my point but has anyone actually seen the TM sculpt story? I would find it very interesting and if it's not for public eyes pm is fine. I just find it weird that everyone else that self sculpts anything in this hobby has to proove they have, but no one has questioned the TM armour.

Sorry to go OT.

I am quite happy to post progress of cast from original but you all know that we have the Oakley armour moulds.

Paul good find- do you have a pair for Luke- It will completely finish off that 100% correct ANH suit that you made him.

If Paul dose have a pair for Luke Gary, that means they will fit me and you:lol:

In before the lock!!!!

Seriously, TM did do years of research, and tracked them down..... the information is his to give out as he wishes. I am a little biased on this, because I find the hunt thrilling, and think it makes the end so much better. Either way, it isnt worth getting all bent out of shape over.

:lol:

Why do you feel I should give away something that I worked hard for years to get?

It's your attitude that stinks!

Who do you think you are taking things that don't belong to you and giving them away freely?

Let's see you give out all the info you have about your original ROTJ helmets. Give us the scans from the decals so we can make our own. Tell us the brand of the snaps on the chin straps. There are lots of things you could share but choose not to, so get off your high horse before I knock you off it!

sign! :duim:

Ya know...

Its sad to see things head this way.

Its a movie. Its plastic armor. Its a found part and a boot that yes, is cool to have found and such.. but its a boot.

Is it worth the fight? Really?