New EIB requirement is no longer an EIB requirement.

Apologies for not having a more active part in the discussion, but real life keeps me away from the keyboard.

We, the staff, are having a private discussion, and while it started out pretty much the same as this one, we are getting somewhere.

Locitus hired some thugs locally to rough me up with a notched kidney plate. The long international arm of the DL should not be underestimated.

-Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually I provided pictures of my CAP armor AND my molds and exhaustively answered questions regarding the MTK armor origins.......Anyway,...I am no longer concerned if I am "vetted" or not so.....no worries. All I got is love! :)

Let's get back to the subject before this turns into what it probably will without admin intervention. :)

I have asked the LMO to move this up to a Centurion requirement, and that the size is changed to 22x22 mm (Mike, you might want to change to 22x24 mm on the right hand size for added accuracy).

Apologies for not having a more active part in the discussion, but real life keeps me away from the keyboard.

We, the staff, are having a private discussion, and while it started out pretty much the same as this one, we are getting somewhere.

Personally Mathias, I think it was probably best for your personal sanity that you handled this in private staff discussions, as opposed to staying more active in this particular thread. 

Just a casual "thinking out loud" sort of moment.  ;)

I made the height 22mm but the width is over 30mm for the....um....bigger trooper. They can trim to size if need be...

Fair enough I suppose.

Personally Mathias, I think it was probably best for your personal sanity that you handled this in private staff discussions, as opposed to staying more active in this particular thread. 

Just a casual "thinking out loud" sort of moment.  ;)

Well, we can be pretty honest to each other in private. So it swings both ways. ;)

LoL...  True enough - it also keeps the community at large at bay so the discussion can actually progress.

Personally, I think that the resolution (although one that will definitely slow my personal level progression down) is the right one and fair with regards to the level of the requirement.  Thank you for taking a look at it with the staff.

Cool... This is great and makes sense the way I understand the detachment programs.

Level 2 for the looks, Level 3 for whatever makes it more accurate, could be in or outside.

THX.

Saludos

What made me change my mind was really Eric, my XO. He has a way with words.

Words like: jerkass, dummy, and "no YOU shut up"

Works every time.

-Eric

• Like 1

Is it an official change now to move the notch requirement to Centurion?  Or is it still in discussion with a formal proposal to follow?

Just waiting on the LMO to make the move.

Just waiting on the LMO to make the move.

It is safe to assume that regardless of what the CRL says, the deployment officer will not be enforcing the notch for EIB.

-Eric

It is safe to assume that regardless of what the CRL says, the deployment officer will not be enforcing the notch for EIB.

-Eric

Yes.

Steve, please edit the first post of this thread to reflect the changes, when you have the time. I recommend the strike for marking the old text obsolete.

Words like: jerkass, dummy, and "no YOU shut up"

Works every time.

-Eric

Reminds me the way Bruce Willis negociates in the 5th Element  :P

I'm still personally opposed to that notch on the my AP but i'm glad it's going to be moved toward Centurion. Thank you Staff.

Big thank you do the FISD staff to have an open mind and willing to listen to us. And congrats to troopers who are able to express themselves in a proper manner to be heard by the staff.

I salute you and bucket off!!!   :salute:  :smiley-sw013:

I bets its going to look super weird in his RT. 

I also think we can (at least I intend to) make a case for Tim not to do the notch given the timing of his build and the newness of the requirement. We've waived such things in the past for armor that was built right before a CRL change. 

-Eric

So the next question, as Eric mentions in this build thread, is do you make an allowance for people who have already started their builds by a certain date - the introduction date perhaps, that they fall under the old CRL's and don't have to comply with the new change? Something for the detachment staff to discuss with their buckets off?

So the next question, as Eric mentions in this build thread, is do you make an allowance for people who have already started their builds by a certain date - the introduction date perhaps, that they fall under the old CRL's and don't have to comply with the new change? Something for the detachment staff to discuss with their buckets off?

Here's my take on it. This is what the 1st of Sept was for. As we annouced this change was coming in early August. But if someone would submit their centurion on Sept 2nd, I wouldn't worry about it. But don't count on getting away with not having the notch by the end of September.