New EIB requirement is no longer an EIB requirement.

I'm still 100% against this. There is so much wrong about how this is being done, I think this is the first time I've ever come out against an FISD policy. I hope it gets reversed next year.

I might not be really affected by this, but I see almost 90% of the Tks in mexican garrison that have been working to acieve EIB will be. And now, they will probably have to either get a new armor or not go for EIB. And that in my point of view, goes against the whole idea of the levels and even detachments. We are here to make it easier to get more accurate, not the other way around.

This needs to be taken to Centurion level.

Also, if it is so easy to "take Stormtrooper armor to the next level" and it only requires a chat among the DL and the LMO to make it official amd part pf the CRL, why not just pen down the grandfathering of FX helmets? That would take legion's Tk armor to the next level.

Saludos.

Saludos.

I might not be really affected by this, but I see almost 90% of the Tks in mexican garrison that have been working to acieve EIB will be. And now, they will probably have to either get a new armor or not go for EIB. And that in my point of view, goes against the whole idea of the levels and even detachments. We are here to make it easier to get more accurate, not the other way around.

This needs to be taken to Centurion level.

Also, if it is so easy to "take Stormtrooper armor to the next level" and it only requires a chat among the DL and the LMO to make it official amd part pf the CRL, why not just pen down the grandfathering of FX helmets? That would take legion's Tk armor to the next level.

Saludos.

Saludos.

No, they don't need new armour and you know it.

And yes, you know I'm trying to grandfather the FX helmet as you can see for yourself in the forums. The fact that nothing is happening is not my on my conscience.

If your so confident that it's as easy as you say and won't affect the overall look of armor that wasn't made like that buy the pieces cut it and prove it then

I'm against the change, but I made the change anyway and it was easy. Looks rubbish with the armor on the floor, but with the MTK armor you can't see it when it's being worn. I'll post pics if you need 'proof'.

MTK armor now has the notches as well. Just made the change this weekend...

I'm always impressed how you're always striving to push your MTK kit forward Mike  :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:.  I wish all the armor makers were like you.

My personnal thoughs about this CRL line: there's no way i will ever make this notch on my AP kydney plate, it's just stupid. I don't want to be told few months after that the offset between the horizontal part of the notch and the bottom line of the cod need to be affix as it's not accurate.

• Like 1

I'm always impressed how you're always striving to push your MTK kit forward Mike  :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:.  I wish all the armor makers were like you.

My personnal thoughs about this CRL line: there's no way i will ever make this notch on my AP kydney plate, it's just stupid. I don't want to be told few months after that the offset between the horizontal part of the notch and the bottom line of the cod need to be affix as it's not accurate.

There is pushing the envelope, and there is crazy. And I'm not going to tell you what you fear. And maybe, if we are lucky, AP will make the changes for newcomers.

No, they don't need new armour and you know it.

And yes, you know I'm trying to grandfather the FX helmet as you can see for yourself in the forums. The fact that nothing is happening is not my on my conscience.

I am not going against you bro, but against the requirement going into the EIB CRL. I know about the FX bucket issue and what you have been doing about it, as you can see for yourself too.

About that, thing is it looks like the LMO can pretty much do what he wants as his word seems to be law... Too bad he has a personal agenda with the FX it seems.

On the issue of changing armor, most mexican troopers make their own armor and not really get it from makers (why I dont know) but they will have to build new moulds, papekura or heavily modify some parts. They strive to make accurate armor from scratch, sometimes recasting,sometimes modifying and recatsing... I dont agree with most of this, but that's the reality... That is why we only have 1 mexican trooper with EIB but lots of them are working to get there. This will mean a delay no matter what.

Saludos.

Does hiding a turd make it stink any less? No, if it makes the armor look "rubish" just because it's covered doesn't change the fact. if I find a bad spot on a jet and cover it with something is it good now? No, and if you go into things with that mindset then your doing something wrong

Edited by Skateunited

The word I got from RS is 22x24 mm on the right, and 22x22 mm on the left. So I'll even it out to 22x22 on both sides when I send the word to the LMO.

Keep in mind that the numbers are not the important part. It's more important to armour makers than costumers anyway.

Well, that's one change I cannot make to keep my armor at EIB, let alone Centurion. Like many others, I hope this will be changed to Centurion, after the detachment had a vote on it.

Ok I know I haven't been around here for long so maybe I'm not following everything correctly.  I have a question.  If I make this cut on my MTK armor, do I have to cut the butt plate as well?  Or I can just make this cut and let the butt plate extend out a little like a lot of people on here are saying?

I have been working hard on my armor and I was hoping to be one of the 700 to EIB.  But now that I am so close to finishing if I have to rework the butt plate then EIB isn't going to happen.  But again if its just a matter of cutting a little bit of plastic out of my Kidney then I can do that to fall in line.

BTW since MTK is willing to make this change to his armor already and seems to work hard on making this armor so great then will he finally be added to the vetted list?

Well, that's one change I cannot make to keep my armor at EIB, let alone Centurion. Like many others, I hope this will be changed to Centurion, after the detachment had a vote on it.

As it was posted a page back, there won't be a vote on it unless I missed an update somewhere.

Apologies for not having a more active part in the discussion, but real life keeps me away from the keyboard.

We, the staff, are having a private discussion, and while it started out pretty much the same as this one, we are getting somewhere.

BTW since MTK is willing to make this change to his armor already and seems to work hard on making this armor so great then will he finally be added to the vetted list?

There is a lot of history between FISD and MTK, and there is a reason why he's not been on our list in the past. But I am softening up to the idea.

The short answer is that MTK has not been 100% transparent on the origins of his molds to the staff's satisfaction, and we do not list people on the sellers list if there are unresolved recasting disputes.